• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SCOTUS affirms gun rights in historic decision

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
That is probably the ONLY news article I've read about a HIGHLY political issue which didn't contain comments 99% from complete asshats. People are REALLY glad about this decision!

Fvck you anti-gun nuts! For every gun you don't buy, I'm going to buy 3! :D
Agree, but I think most of the asshats are busy today making YouTube video blogs about how dangerous US cities are going to be now ... :rolleyes: :sleep_125

It has been a while since I added to my locker of violence, otherwise known as a gun safe. I'm feeling now might be a good time, in honor of "the system" working - this time.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
It has been a while since I added to my locker of violence, otherwise known as a gun safe. I'm feeling now might be a good time, in honor of "the system" working - this time.

Me too. I'm not really in a responsible position to buy another pistol at this point, but when I free up some cash, I'm thinking about a nice, reliable revolver. I'm going to most likely get a S&W .38 special. I liked it when I shot it, and while not very accurate, it is VERY reliable (revolver) for home defense and concealed carry (not to mention it is MUCH smaller than my glock and easier to conceal).

Thank god America did it right this time. :)

Oh, and I just signed up for my first free year's membership for the NRA. If you aren't a member, do it!

MasterBates

Scoober texted me as I was in comm-blackout this morning. (RDO, shocking).

Glad to see they ruled "correctly" on this one. I will go buy a gun in celebration this weekend!

snake020

Contributor
From article above:

transporting handguns across state lines violates federal law
:confused: So all of us gun owners are lawbreakers when we PCS? When did WSJ start hiring their writers from Time.com?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...:confused: So all of us gun owners are lawbreakers when we PCS?...
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]From the Gun Control Act of 1968:

Sec. 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle:provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver's compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

Makes one want to be a lawyer ... almost. I DO have some self-respect.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From article above:

:confused: So all of us gun owners are lawbreakers when we PCS? When did WSJ start hiring their writers from Time.com?

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]
words-1.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Yes, but unless you are in the military, you can't buy a handgun in a state other than your state of residence. Military can buy in their state of residence or that state they have PCS orders to. DC residents would, unfortunately, have to buy their handguns in DC. I think that may be what they meant.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Unless you are in the military, you can't buy a handgun in a state other than your state of residence. Military can buy in their state of residence or that state they have PCS orders to. DC residents would, unfortunately, have to buy their handguns in DC.

Not true ... check C&R FFL rules & regs.

Additionally, you may purchase handguns (modern-non C&R items) from another state IF you go through your local FFL holder.

I purchase modern & C&R pieces -- handguns -- ALL THE TIME from out of state -- legally.

BoaisyJon

Point of parliamentary procedure!
Mr. Limbaugh had a fairly interesting point this afternoon about how we should all be outraged that it went this far. There is no reason that our second amendment should have even come close to a death in the supreme court. We're lucky.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Mr. Limbaugh had a fairly interesting point this afternoon about how we should all be outraged that it went this far. There is no reason that our second amendment should have even come close to a death in the supreme court. We're lucky.

Good point; and we should not have to rely on "luck" when discussing our rights as enumerated in the .... drum roll .... Bill of Rights.

Most of the gun control chattering classes would be positively freakin' out if it was the 1st or the 4th Amendment under the "gun" (no pun) .. or maybe the 3rd ... of even the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, or the 10th. You see where this is going .... ???

The ONLY reason the 2nd even gets this close to sudden death is because it flies in the face of the political agenda of some -- and it always has -- check your history of gun control in the U.S. ... people who like power don't like the idea of a legally armed citizenry. And they never have ...

Remember .. it's not really about "gun control" ... it's about "control". :)