• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

running and contracting advice

A.Kuettel

It is coming along nicely. I talked to the Capt. yesterday and thankfully they are going to use my old packet to resubmit so I don't have to redo all that paperwork. I should be down there either the 8th or 9th. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

MasterHaynes86

It is coming along nicely. I talked to the Capt. yesterday and thankfully they are going to use my old packet to resubmit so I don't have to redo all that paperwork. I should be down there either the 8th or 9th. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

let me know when you are comin in town asap. I'll make an a visit to the office to say hi some silly crap like that.

jdakota

Heres my little routine for training: three sets Pushups every morning and last set to fatigue. PFT every monday, slow pace jog for at least 2 mi. on tues. wednesday cross train, rest thursday, maybe sprints for a mile or a fast pace 2 mile on friday, rest saturday, crosstrain sunday. The whole week doing the pull-up armstrong program.

Kuettel, for the run try this before u do it in an actual pft but from the beginning of the run, stay outside your comfort zone the whole time. I did this last year because I hit a wall with my run and shaved a minute and a half off my time and learned a new way to run. It is miseble the WHOLE 3 miles and your gonna wonder how the heck your gonna get through it but it worked for me. Running is 95% mental.

Pullups is the money maker anyways so I wouldnt sweat the run

1st inc. Srs 2007
I Look forward to seeing some of you on the PT field
SF

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
You could do it at home if you want and email the .zdb file or bring it on a disk or flash drive. If you do it at the office, make sure that you have all the info that you need so that way you dont waste a trip.

badger16

None
Bottom line IMO, spend a lot of time working out between now and then, but focus on your whole body in addition to intense running.

I agree with this...In such a short period of time just be safe and try to get your body stronger and don't worry about running running running...because it could easily get you right back to square one. Like everyone said before streach, streach, then streach some more both before and after your runs. Make sure you are ultra warmed up before you hit it hard. As far as cross trainning I'd try climbing if you haven't already. Go to an indoor gym and just have at it. I go about three times a week and it is amazing how much of a complete body workout you get in such a short period of time. IMO it correlates well with the type of stuff that the PFT deals with i.e. push ups, pull up, sit ups etc. Its all about supporting your own weight. Plus there are always some hotties there, so that doesn't hurt. In anycase Good luck man!

Rossi

I agree with this...In such a short period of time just be safe and try to get your body stronger and don't worry about running running running...because it could easily get you right back to square one. Like everyone said before streach, streach, then streach some more both before and after your runs. Make sure you are ultra warmed up before you hit it hard. As far as cross trainning I'd try climbing if you haven't already. Go to an indoor gym and just have at it. I go about three times a week and it is amazing how much of a complete body workout you get in such a short period of time. IMO it correlates well with the type of stuff that the PFT deals with i.e. push ups, pull up, sit ups etc. Its all about supporting your own weight. Plus there are always some hotties there, so that doesn't hurt. In anycase Good luck man!

I can second the rock climbing. I do some bouldering and is definitely a great full body work out.

A.Kuettel

Thanks for everbodies help with this. I am about 15lbs lighter after 3 1/2 weeks of pt'ing and got a 272pft today. The only bad thing was I got a $135 ticket from a Texas state trooper for not putting on a seatbelt while the vehicle was moving(had it on when he pulled me over) in front of my Capt.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!

Ah! I was wondering about that. What a relief...that damn security paperwork was one of the most anal things I've ever dealt with. Make any jokes about my wording you want. ;)

Oh, and congrats on your PFT. Motivatin'!