• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

rifle id quiz

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
M-21 is my guess as well.

Modified with collapsible iron sights... presumably so the rifle could easily accept some type of optics.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Looks like a Scout M1A with ultimak forward optic mount and an aftermarket flash suppressor.

http://ultimak.com/BuyM14.htm

Concur but what in the hell is that thing out in front of the ultimak. If it was tilted up it would almost looks like some kind of a grenade launcher sight.

Break break...Bevo did ultimak ever start making a rail to fit your barrel? (sorry for the slight thread jack)

FlyinRock

I agree. I couldn't think of the number but saw it was a Beretta. Was at least 25 years ago I shot one for a SWAT magazine article.
S/F
Rocky

b0pric01

pilot
I think he meant Garand, and that was my first answer, but I changed it. I agree it does look a lot like that Beretta, but he said issued rifle. Were those issued?

HueyHornet75

pilot
No, I meant M1 carbine. It was also designated as an M2 carbine or M3 carbine, depending on whether it was auto or semi. It shoots a .30 caliber round, vice the 30-06 of the M1 Garand. The OP's picture appeared too small to me to be a Garand. The carbine is a smaller weapon. But upon really close inspection, it does indeed look like the lower half of a Garand. This pic shows a similarly posed carbine so you can see that it is a little different and smaller. I've shot both and they are awesome. Either way, I was wrong, but not confused.
773px-Ethiopian_Soldiers_Korean_War.jpg