• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ribbons while in BDCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphertube

I was wondering if anyone knew whether once we're in BDCP (and racking up the AD time), if we could earn ribbons?

I've read of enlisted DEPers earning awards and such for helping out with recruitment, etc., and while I know we can do the pistol quals at OCS, if we could do it beforehand, that'd be nice, or anything else.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Once you are sworn in for BDCP, you are on Active Duty. So the short answer is "yes".
-A

Ummm...yeah

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
You already have the National Defense medal, just contact your NRD training dept and see if they ever qualify, then go with them when they do. That is your command. Also, if you want to recruit 4 people you will earn a NAM. Good luck.

PS-- I know this is an old post, but the guy is in BDCP so he could be around for 3 years

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
cyphertube said:
Ok, now can anybody provide the long answer on how to go about doing such things?

Do yourself a favor.... There are MANY MORE important thing to worry about other than earning personal awards. Be carefull that you are not one of those guys who will forgett about the others around him just for the pursuit of awards.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Patmack18 said:
If you get in 3 years before you commision you'll get a Good Conduct...

BCH... I'm assuming you were at the Combat Winging on Friday... is it just me or was it hotter than hell?

I thought I was going to die, I was sweating booze and still spinning from the night b4. Not a fun day.

If you want a NAM before being commissioned you should just wait until you are a candio and save a poopie from choking

"from CO OCS, to OC so and so, for being an outstanding OC while at OCS...." Funniest awards ceremony you could imagine.

Patmack18 said:
you gotta be ****tin' me... serious?

I **** you not.

I was there when she earned the NAM, and I was there in Athens, GA when she was awarded it.

"and on the third thrust, OC ... dislodged the obstruction..."

I was dying trying not to bust out laughing

jg5343

pilot
Good for her, but I thought they had a life saving medal for something like that. Or is that only for combat related stuff?

I know one of the LT's at OCS when I was there had a life saving medal for pulling someone out of a burning plane. I guess saving a poopie from a limp noodle isn't quite on the same level though.

erinbynight

erinbynight
Why are we worrying about ribbons??? I'm worried about getting into the program, first of all, and then keeping myself in shape both mind and body so I can succeed at OCS!!!

Reactions: bch

rare21

pilot
Contributor
combat winging? yes siree...hot as a monkey's Ahole. Thanks Commodore for having us "relax"

jg5343

pilot
erinbynight said:
Why are we worrying about ribbons??? I'm worried about getting into the program, first of all, and then keeping myself in shape both mind and body so I can succeed at OCS!!!

Good for you. You must be very proud. Let me know how it turns out, I'm on the edge of my seat. I keed!

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
jg5343 said:
Good for you. You must be very proud. Let me know how it turns out, I'm on the edge of my seat.

What is your problem.. she has the right attitude! The one's you have to worry about are the ones that are out for all the awards they can get... they tend to step on those around them, in order to make themselves look better... oh wait, that's right, you aren't in the service and don't know this yet.

jg5343

pilot
I was only joking with her. I agree with what you say bch. It just my sense of humor. Kinda twisted. I apologize for sounding like a d1ck. You really do have to worry about the award hungry.
BTW, I am in the service, sir, and have been for 8 and a half years. So, with all do respect, if I want a lecture from a wet behind the ears ensign, I'll ask for it.

I'll take my lecture now on respect for ranking officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.