• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Revised Afghan ROE...

Bevo16

pilot
a whole bunch of truth..

Bingo.

Afghan civilians are not getting killed because American troops don't respect or want to protect innocent life. Afghan civilians are getting killed because AQ/Taliban fighters don't respect innocent life and KNOW that loss of those lives HELPS their cause.

Our media is complicit with the enemy, and our ignorant general population is not a hell of a lot better.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Doesn't matter, I am a US citizen, this is a political situation, here unlike places such as Iran the people get opinions and the government responds to them.

That's all yours Bevo, I gotta go to bed. I have a brief tomorrow at 0800...

nursesoon

Banned
War isn't clean, it isn't pretty. .
Of course not, but what is our goal in Afghanistan, to kill a few taliban and nothing else.

We aren't going to kill them all, we aren't going to be there forever, pissing the whole country off to kill a few of them thereby making more of them is a nice way to waste time. This isn't ww2.

nursesoon

Banned
Afghan civilians are not getting killed because American troops don't respect or want to protect innocent life. Afghan civilians are getting killed because AQ/Taliban fighters don't respect innocent life and KNOW that loss of those lives HELPS their cause..
and who exactly is saying otherwise.

Our media is complicit with the enemy, and our ignorant general population is not a hell of a lot better
That evil media, reporting facts, it's a conspiracy I tell ya.

Bevo16

pilot
That's all yours Bevo, I gotta go to bed. I have a brief tomorrow at 0800...

Thanks. That's not even a real sentence. How the heck can I respond to something that is barely even english?

It's pretty hard for someone to demonstrate that they have no understanding of how the federal government relates to the military, ROE, and public sentiment in a sentence fragment, but I think nursesoon pulled it off. It's like a grand slam of stupidity.

Bevo16

pilot
and who exactly is saying otherwise.

I am saying otherwise. As someone who has been "over there" and seen the "facts" that get reported and how they look nothing like reality. Sometimes they get it wrong out of ignorance, much like what you are doing here. They don't really know what they are seeing, so they can't paint an accurate picture. Most of the time they are there with an agenda.

I also know this from the FOIA requests that I get from places like the LA or New York Times. They are not looking for raw information, they are looking for damning information to try and hurt the military.

This other tidbit might surprise you....people in the military talk to each other. When something shows up in the media that smells like BS, people talk and get the real story. After a while, you learn that pretty much all of it is either BS or chock full of ignorance that it is not even worth reading.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot

Pickle, you've got a pretty sophisticated view of things and I hope my answer didn't come across as condescending (I usually write just as much to address the general audience as I write to the original poster).

Suffice to say we agree on Cronkite and Tet. What's all the more puzzling is that he was right in the middle of the Battle of the Bulge, but I digress...

nursesoon, there's a lot of information out there and the news media in general is in the business of staying in business; they don't do detail, nuance, and complexity very well. Just sayin' keep an open mind.

nursesoon

Banned
I also know this from the FOIA requests that I get from places like the LA or New York Times. They are not looking for raw information, they are looking for damning information to try and hurt the military.
they are looking for information to sell papers and boost ratings, bad news is always interesting.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Of course not, but what is our goal in Afghanistan, to kill a few taliban and nothing else.

We aren't going to kill them all, we aren't going to be there forever, pissing the whole country off to kill a few of them thereby making more of them is a nice way to waste time. This isn't ww2.

Do you think before you type up these ridiculous posts?

You're right WW2 has been over for awhile now. Thanks for reminding us all.

Show me evidence of the media consistently reporting facts about the war.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!

Wow, I guess you have it all figured out then eh? What are you going to do when you are deployed to some shithole in a war you don't agree with? I'm sure your CoC will be happy to hear your simplistic Kentucky wisdom about how we are wasting our time there. ;)

nursesoon

Banned
Wow, I guess you have it all figured out then eh? What are you going to do when you are deployed to some shithole in a war you don't agree with? I'm sure your CoC will be happy to hear your simplistic Kentucky wisdom about how we are wasting our time there. ;)
Do my job obviously. It's quite easy to seperate political view points from real life seeing as we have no my mind police.