• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Renting in Jax

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Yeah, Southside is where I live now, Mandarin is where I'd be if I had any more money. It's far enough away from the crap so you don't have to worry too much about crime or traffic as much. More suburban, really.

The area straddling HWY 9A between JTB and I-95 has lots of apartments, lots of upscale shopping areas and it's a relatively short drive across the bridge to NAS JAX. Depending on where you live in mandarin, it is probably the same drive time. Plus, it's only about 15 minutes to the beaches and 25 minutes to the airport. 9A is being expanded and improved so the commute may speed up even more.

I live at the beach and it was a great afternoon here today.

Circle K

pilot
Intruder's got the good gouge there. Especially if you don't know how long you'll be in Jax. Lots of nice apartments/condos in the Mardarin/Southside area. It's a little more limited on the house side, and they are considerably more expensive. If you're in the market for a house at JAX as a Cat I, staying on the west side of the river is probably your best bet. Unless you are interested in Northside. As long as you stay outside the 295 loop, the houses are new and larger. The crime is under control and if you're looking towards renting the house in the future it is an equal commute to NAS JAX and NS Mayport (double your military renter pool)

MasterBates

I used to own a house near where Circle K speaks of...

Bought there becasue HSL-42 was supposed to move to NAS JAX during my tour there, and it is pretty much equidistant, and they just built a nice new mall up there..

Just beware of the beached manatees.

Circle K

pilot
The mall is very nice, and getting better. Walmart can be a dangerous place though. For many reasons.

MasterBates

House Manatees..

Trichechus manatus domesticus

Habitat: Lives in large dwellings formerly occupied by Husbandus Divrocus Brokass

Food: anything, and a lot of it.. Preferred foods are Haagen-Daz and Chocolate

Mating Habits: Infrequent, but shiny objects and gifts may increase mating desire. If procreation is successful, the LandManatee is normally able to obtain a larger dwelling for about 18 years.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Live at the beach!

There are some good condos for rent out here! I will be renting mine out starting in July. 2/2 garage, Bose surround sound! $1200....only 25 minutes to NAS Jax, 27 minutes to VP-30!

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
I live/grew up in Avondale (see dirty homesteader sig). It takes me 15 minutes door to door to NAS Jax, Beasley Hangar (across the street really to FASO)
It's old, nice, and you can walk/stumble to 5 bars from my house in less than 10 minutes.

The only thing I can say about the Beach or Mandarin is "bridges". Straight shot from Avondale/Riverside...tons of cheap places to rent too that aren't cookie cutter mega-plexes.
To each his own though, Jax is great.

Cheers

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
House For Rent In Jax

Albrizzle,
I just put my house up for rent with signature realty. It is a Adams home 1861 4/2 2 car garage on a manmade pond and community pool. All brick built in 2004. I report to pensacola in August and will be out 30 July. It is 7 miles from my door to the front gate at jax, and about another 1/2 mile to dirty 30 on th left. My house is also 3 miles from the orange park mall and a half a mile from the post office. There are three main routes through Blanding Blvd to the base for traffic purposes from my house. 12-17 minutes from collins road no traffic(depends on how lucky you are with the stupid traffic signals or getting stuck with the train thats when you take 295), 25-45 with. 17-24 minutes 103rd no traffic, dont even ask about with. 10-20 minutes 295 no traffic, slammed with. I live as close to the base you can possibly get without hearing a train come through your front door or having a freeway in your backyard. I also miss most of the bad traffic congestion in my location. If your interested you can check it out on Realtor.com. Search rentals, zip 32244, page 7,MLS#372784, or call my property manager Chuck at 904-268-0035.

Oh PS. No bums here! But I cant promise no Land or HouseManatees (there is like some florida protection statute for them or something so they have to stay)

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
The beach is 45 mins from NAS Jax, with mild traffic. I know guys deal with it out in places like San Dog, but you can live close to the base in nice areas not packed with blue stickers on every car.
Happy Memorial Day boys, Cheers.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Beach Is Not 45 Minutes From Nas Jax

From the beach it takes me 27 minutes to get to the S-3 weapons school. Take Beach to San Carlos to JTB to 9ASouth to 295 to Roosevelt. Since 9A opened, it is a quick drive. Jardin De Mer at Beach and 15th is a mile to the ocean and bars and close to the bases.

samlobo

pilot
None
Not to hijack this thread, but I currently live in Avondale and am looking for a housemate to share my home. Really would prefer a Navy or Coastie officer, being that I can guarantee my roommate would be a legit professional... If you are interested (or have a friend PCSing to the area, feel free to pass the word).

My house is 7 minute drive to NAS Jacksonville! House for rent....
I am seeking a housemate (officer):captain_1 to share 2 bedroom, 1 bath historic home in Avondale. Bedroom for rent is completely furnished already (if you need it) with a queen size bed, dresser, nightstand, and closet. Full use of the house as any good roommate would assume. Home is a beautifully renovated historic bungalow with:
  • hardwood floors
  • washer/dryer
  • cable internet
  • fenced backyard
  • detached 1 car garage
  • front porch with rocking chairs
Within walking distance to many shops and restaurants (Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Publix, Panera Bread Company, Moe's, Longhorn, Tom & Betty's, CVS).

1 well-behaved dog is welcome, or just someone that loves dogs:doggy_125:doggy_125:doggy_125:doggy_125:doggy_125:doggy_125, as I have 1 large male English Mastiff, very calm and laid-back. The neighborhood is safe and and is a peaceful place to take take walks. Just down the street is a small park on the St. John's River and the quaint Ortega River bridge with beautiful views of the downtown skyline at night. $800 monthly rent plus 1/2 of utilties (water, electric, cable, and high-speed cable internet).

I am a 30 year old Coastie aviator (don't throw tomatoes at me!!) deployed approximately 5 months out of the year total for 30-60 days at a time, so I am seeking a housemate that will lovingly care for my dog and house while I am away during those periods. I would do the same for you if you were to go out of town. The advantage to that is you will have the house to yourself half the year. Non-smokers. Just looking for an honest roommate with a dog so that we both might benefit. Length of lease is negotiable. Contact via email jenamckay@aol.com or phone (334) 477-9024. I will promptly answer any questions you have or if you need more photos of the home. Thanks for looking!

Jen
Attached Thumbnails

Ditty

Renting my place in JAX, see Ditty's post.

I guess you could just view my post, but my place is outside the 295 loop in a new, amenity laden community. your post didn't mention any price cap but I'm looking to get 1300 for my 3 bdrm 2 bath w/ 2 car garage. The address is actually in Orange Park, but it is just inside it's borders and is nearer the Argyle area out where they are building the new shopping centers. Takes me about 30 min to drive down Argyle Forest Blvd. to get to NAS JAX and they are almost done adding 2 more lanes to that road.
Again view my post "House for rent near NAS JAX / Cecil Field" for pics and more info. if interested.