• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Renting in Jax

Albrizzle

BAMF
pilot
Going to VP-30 and looking to rent. If anybody has a place, I'm looking for a 2 bed 2 bath place with a convenient commute and a garage. Immediately available would be money. If anybody has current/new advice on new rentals in the area definitely feel free to chime in. Thanks.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Going to VP-30 and looking to rent. If anybody has a place, I'm looking for a 2 bed 2 bath place with a convenient commute and a garage. Immediately available would be money. If anybody has current/new advice on new rentals in the area definitely feel free to chime in. Thanks.

Live across the bridge. I have friends living in the Mandarin area and they love it. The traffic here can be very unforgiving. But if you live across the bridge, traffic will not be an issue. I live in Orange Park and its a complete nightmare. 30-40 mins to travel 5 miles to base. Sux. See ya around the squadron buddy!

Albrizzle

BAMF
pilot
Cool, sounds like it makes sense. You know anybody that lives in the Avondale or Riverside areas or what the commute is like from up there?

Cool, sounds like it makes sense. You know anybody that lives in the Avondale or Riverside areas or what the commute is like from up there?

I was just going to recommend that area..you wouldn't have to worry about the traffic coming from their either.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Zilch, you keep making Jax sound like a place I really want to put down some roots...:eek:

Albrizzle

BAMF
pilot
Bums are fun... no not really. Is that a serious statement for that area? I'd like to avoid having to push the bums off my car hood before I drive to work in the morning.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bums are fun... no not really. Is that a serious statement for that area? I'd like to avoid having to push the bums off my car hood before I drive to work in the morning.

For that purpose, I like to use bear spray. Nothing gets a drifter moving quicker than a face full of cayenne pepper. :D
PSBEAR_Bear_Spray.jpg

Brett

I think it depends EXACTLY where you are there( like every where around here)...but that is a VERY nice area to live...downtown is not that far away and that I guess will always bring a few bums ???? :)

Albrizzle

BAMF
pilot
For that purpose, I like to use bear spray. Nothing gets a drifter moving quicker than a face full of cayenne pepper. :D
Brett

Sounds good to me, where can i get some Brett? :D

Ryann, thanks, I think I like the idea of living up there as long as traffic won't be a nightmare.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Actually, Riverside is pretty nice, but as ryann24 says, it depends on exactly where you are. One street will be nice, and two blocks down it won't.

Don't take my Jax trash talk too seriously, really. Everything I say about it is true, but it's not a bad place to be, really. I mean, I haven't moved...yet.

Sounds good to me, where can i get some Brett? :D

Ryann, thanks, I think I like the idea of living up there as long as traffic won't be a nightmare.

No problem, let me know if there is something you want me to check out there, by preggo doc is there so I can always take a peek for ya! Good luck, an no traffic won't be an issue.

slabicro

Helo wife
We are in Jax now and from Jax. Being stationed at NAS JAX I would live in Mandarin if possible. Might be a little more expensive but worth it in many ways

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Yeah, Southside is where I live now, Mandarin is where I'd be if I had any more money. It's far enough away from the crap so you don't have to worry too much about crime or traffic as much. More suburban, really.