• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Renting in Jax

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
The area straddling HWY 9A between JTB and I-95 has lots of apartments, lots of upscale shopping areas and it's a relatively short drive across the bridge to NAS JAX. Depending on where you live in mandarin, it is probably the same drive time. Plus, it's only about 15 minutes to the beaches and 25 minutes to the airport. 9A is being expanded and improved so the commute may speed up even more.

I live at the beach and it was a great afternoon here today.

Is this the Deerwood Club / Deercreek Country Club area?

Right now I'm thinking Mandarin sounds awesome, with the area Intruder Driver mentioned, Avondale and Riverside as backups if it's way too expensive for a couple of O-2s.

A total side note: what's the area like for pets? I've got two cats and my future roommate has two small dogs--is that going to be a problem?

samlobo

pilot
None
I'm partial to Avondale because I live there, but you do have to admit, the neighborhood has character, bars and restaurants, and the houses have such a personality of their own. Most of the stuff over by JTB and I-95 are townhouses that pretty such look the same, but like I said, I'm partial to Avondale.

As for pet-friendly living locations, that really depends on the complex. As far as locations to take them, check out: www.floridapets.net for a listing of all the dog parks in town, plus all the dog-friendly beaches, restaurants, and stores. The website actually lists all of Florida, broken down by city. Dogwood park is one of the largest in the nation and it costs about $11 to get in on a Saturday if you're not a member. Poochies offers doggy-daycare (On the westside, only perfect if you live off Blanding, or work at Cecil, like me).

Hope that helped.
Jen