• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Registered Traveler Program - Good or Bad?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
eddie said:
There is a guy who I occasionally see on a street corner that obviously duct-tapes a cast to his leg every morning.

Thing is, people don't want to call them on it. I've seen it just once. A guy asked me for some change and a lady started yelling at him and telling me that she sees him there all the time, and that "he's rich."

Professional beggars have been around forever; cripple makers had a huge business in the Middle Ages. Disable someone and they'd be set for life!

I never give money to bums. It's a fairly common tactic to start a mugging. "Hey got any change?"... guy brings out wallet... knife/gun comes out... "give me all of it". How a friend of mine got mugged.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I never give money to bums. It's a fairly common tactic to start a mugging. "Hey got any change?"... guy brings out wallet... knife/gun comes out... "give me all of it". How a friend of mine got mugged.
That, I had not thought of; just one more reason I suppose.

snizo

Supply Officer
If your time is that important - get a flight on a corporate jet and skip the lines and security all together. Otherwise - guess you'll just have to be a peon like everyone else.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
Paying for convienence is fine and dandy with private corporations. When you start talking about the government, it turns into a form of regressive taxation.
In SOCAL, people pay (the State) to "Fast Track" through the border and also to use some of the express toll roads.

Brett