• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recent Selections

Status
Not open for further replies.

grose3

pilot
Could someone in Primary give a heads up to some of the recent platform selections. Does anyone know if they are posted online anywhere like a squadron website? Thanks alot!

grose3

pilot
Thanks, I'll check it out. I'd like to be able to monitor what platforms are being given out on a weekly basis. I want P-3's, and I understand that not many P-3 slots have been offered recently.

adam

SNA, VT-21
there has been 1 p-3 slot a week for about the last 2 months. word is they are shrinking the community.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
It's been a while since this topic was active, so I decided to bump it and see what's the current selection like. What's the new year look like for Marine aviation? Are there still a lot of Helo slots to fill? Can we assume those slots will become greater in number? Anyone selected Props (C-130's)? What about Jets? Let's hear it...

triplejayz

snake driver
Word on the street at Whiting for Marines for the past few months is pretty much any of them that have jet scores are getting jets. There has been a good number that have the desire to fly helo's, but get sent to MS or TX anyway. Just this past week we have 2 Marine Hornet drivers checking into TRAWING 5 because so many of the Marines are wanting helo's. So I guess they are going to try to get more jet IP's down here to work the jet angle. Just another what this SNA at Whiting has been hearing.

triplejayz

snake driver
I think the board for selections in October for the Navy in VT-2 had 11 helo's, 6 jets, and a few props. They havn't posted the selections for Nov/Dec yet, but the numbers for Oct were high...they normally don't have 20+ Navy SNA's finish in one month.

petescheu

I've actually been able to see the selection sheets for awhile. I can't speak for the last couple weeks, but towards the end of december it was actually kind of diverse (instead of the normal jets/helos only that I guess has been going down for awhile). My week we had everything, jets, P3s, helos, E2/C2, and even E6. Beginin of Dec there were def more P3s than normal, meaning there actually were slots (1 or 2 max) compared to none at all which was the trend for awhile, although you never know. Every single week is different, and you never know how it's gonna be. I've seen 7 jet slots one week and 1 the next. Just do your best and let the chips fall man, there's nothing more you can do. Gotta remember a lot of it's timing and there's nothing you can do about that.
As for the marines, the selections I saw pretty much match up with what triplejayz said. Usually several jets in there, almost always more than the Navy gets.
I dont know of anywhere you can check out what the selections are week to week; our way of finding out was an inside deal that actually stopped lately. I guess just call someone you know at Corpus/Whiting.

airwinger

pilot
Two weeks before I selected, there were 3 of us VT-3 Marines that wanted jets, but since there hadn't been any jet selections for Marines in about 2 months, and of course a bunch of VT-2 guys had tried to refuse their jet slots. So the senior Marine gets VMFA 142 to bring some hornets out here and half the squadron. They're asking us why we don't want jet slots and we're asking how we can sell our first born sons to get some jet slots:) Somehow all three of us wound up getting J1 or J2

jmantel02

On a side note....

If you do better than a 60 NSS, you've got a great shot at getting jets (for navy guys). The week I selected there were 16 selectors and only three jet spots. Despite the seemingly few number, the number three guy to get it only had a 58. If you break 60, I'd say your chances are 90%. If you break 70, you can basically write your own ticket. The lesson being: just work hard and kick ass so you don't have to worry about timing.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I know it all boils down to needs of the Marines/Navy (depending on your service), but I was wondering if your performance throughout primary has any factor towards what airframe you get. For instance, if a stud doesn't do well under a lot of G's would the seleciton board be more apt to send him to Helo's or Props? If a stud does well during a particular part of primary (aerobatics, RIs, etc) will his performance help/hurt him out in selection? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.