• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Its the little things that bring back memories - was digging through a box of stuff in garage and stumbled on my "CV Box" chart from my Desert Storm deployment in 1991 - the grease pencil mark-up long worn off, the lamination brittle and yellow over the TPC - but memories none the less. Flying 10 hours a day every day supporting 3 CV's with SAR and PMC... and non flying time either in the rack or manning the tower. Great memories.

1652284598119.png

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Sure were! My squadron VA44, hangar 67, Cecil Field.

View attachment 35035
Out at Cecil things have changed SO much l now that you wouldn't recognize it. The barracks across the street from hangar 67 are long gone, as is the BOQ. The exchange is a gym. The branch medical clinic is a JSO training building. The national guard is in hangar 860, the S-3 hangars at the northwestern edge of runways 9/27. I did a Seahawk static display at an airshow at Cecil in 1987. Now, at least for the next 8 months or so, I fly HH-60M Black Hawks out of there.

Attachments

• BlackHawkCecil.jpg
    BlackHawkCecil.jpg
    817.2 KB · Views: 13

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So is this peak "Fulda Gap" configuration? or Desert Storm? Or..?
I am told, Desert Storm, although there were load outs in Vietnam the vets refer to as Heavy Hog. And that was before TOW. I'll have to ask for clarification.