• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

taxi1

pilot
View attachment 25185

Needs more plants but the nursery had not received their full spring shipments prior to the shutdown.
You could bury a lot of bodies in that plot. Nice.

I've gone on a music listening kick. Working my way randomly through the Rolling Stone Top 500 Albums Ever list. They're all on Youtube, pretty much.

I've met my Mt Everest challenge in listening to "Captain Beefheart- Trout Mask Replica (1969)" which ranks 60# on the list of 500. It seems like the right music for a pandemic. From wikipedia...

...Van Vliet wanted the whole band to "live" the Trout Mask Replica album. The group rehearsed Van Vliet's difficult compositions for eight months, living communally in their small rented house in the Woodland Hills suburb of Los Angeles. With only two bedrooms the band members would find sleep in various corners of one, while Vliet occupied the other and rehearsals were accomplished in the main living area. Van Vliet implemented his vision by completely dominating his musicians, artistically and emotionally. At various times one or another of the group members was "put in the barrel", with Van Vliet berating him continually, sometimes for days, until the musician collapsed in tears or in total submission.[63] Guitarist Bill Harkleroad complained that his fingers were a "bloody mess" as a result of Beefheart's orders that he use heavy strings.[64] Drummer John French described the situation as "cultlike"[65] and a visiting friend said "the environment in that house was positively Mansonesque".[5] Their material circumstances were dire. With no income other than welfare and contributions from relatives, the group barely survived and were even arrested for shoplifting food (Zappa bailed them out).[66] French has recalled living on no more than a small cup of beans a day for a month.[27] A visitor described their appearance as "cadaverous" and said that "they all looked in poor health". Band members were restricted from leaving the house and practiced for 14 or more hours a day.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
I have spent hundreds of hours watching YouTube videos/reading articles/books/etc. to understand swing and day trading. I fell in love with it even though I'm hot garbage at it. #Quarantine2020

taxi1

pilot
I swear on someone's grave, it gets better. Background noise for working on my computer and every now and then, "Hey, that sounds like music."

Some of the comments are priceless.

"Thought i'd been listening for hours but I'm only on the 4th song"

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
I have spent hundreds of hours watching YouTube videos/reading articles/books/etc. to understand swing and day trading. I fell in love with it even though I'm hot garbage at it. #Quarantine2020

It is worth reminding you that the people who are good at day trading do that. The other people talk about it on YouTube.

May the odds ever be in your favor.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
It's a catchphrase that gets used a lot, so I don't want to say @taxi1 just found the end of the internet, but if the internet is the information superhighway then that clip is like the end of a long dirt road way, past scary town, past the banjo kid, keep going until you're way, waaay off the information superhighway.

:D

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
You could bury a lot of bodies in that plot. Nice.

I've gone on a music listening kick. Working my way randomly through the Rolling Stone Top 500 Albums Ever list. They're all on Youtube, pretty much.

I've met my Mt Everest challenge in listening to "Captain Beefheart- Trout Mask Replica (1969)" which ranks 60# on the list of 500. It seems like the right music for a pandemic. From wikipedia...

How is that a top 60 of all time? It sounded like random instruments, no order or rhythm.

taxi1

pilot
It's in the Library of Congress National Recording Registry, haters.

Tonight I'm going to try to simultaneously read passages from Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow while listening to it. And driving.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I've got an even worse idea. There are all these silly challenges on social media, let's call this one the "Star Wars Holiday Special Challenge."

Everybody on AW who reads this post:

Pags

N/A
pilot
It's in the Library of Congress National Recording Registry, haters.

Tonight I'm going to try to simultaneously read passages from Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow while listening to it. And driving.
But does it use a whamola?