• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

exNavyOffRec

Nope, you're an old man yelling a cloud.

My kids have a bunch and while the kits are cool they're still made with Legos that just eventually all end up in one big pile and they use their imagination to make new stuff. The kids are all right.

I would have seen this and responded earlier but this cloud was above my house that needed to be yelled at.

There are many who build the kits and set them on a shelf to admire for years, I just liked to build my own things.

Pags

N/A
pilot
There are definitely kits these days that are aimed at the adult builder. I think most 20+yr olds who buy the $200+ bugatti build it and put it on their shelf. And there are the folks who make minifig scale warships and other monstrosities.

But my kids still play with their Legos. Yeah, they get cool kits and build them up. But then after being played with the eventually all end up in the big bin. And then all the parts just become whatever the kids want.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I think some of the larger Technic kits are pretty cool. I finished the Bugatti one recently and the level of detail was pretty astounding. The drivetrain/gearbox alone took close to 5 hours to build. The Technic kits are probably closer to model builds than they are to Legos IMO.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I think some of the larger Technic kits are pretty cool. I finished the Bugatti one recently and the level of detail was pretty astounding. The drivetrain/gearbox alone took close to 5 hours to build. The Technic kits are probably closer to model builds than they are to Legos IMO.
They're coming out with an Osprey one soon...looks awesome.

Have you seen the video where they made a full sized lego bugatti that was entirely powered by lego motors and driven by bugatti's test driver?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
That video is pretty mind blowing. I don’t know what’s crazier, the fact that they actually got that thing to move under Lego power or that there are adults, somewhere, that are getting paid to play with Legos all day :D

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
I have the "mini" models of the Back to the Future Delorean and Ecto-1 that sit on the shelf in my home office. I've been flirting with getting the 1989 Batmobile to round out my 80s flick cars, but I'm not sure COMVAQWIFEPAC is on-board with me spending $200+ on a Lego kit.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I have the "mini" models of the Back to the Future Delorean and Ecto-1 that sit on the shelf in my home office. I've been flirting with getting the 1989 Batmobile to round out my 80s flick cars, but I'm not sure COMVAQWIFEPAC is on-board with me spending $200+ on a Lego kit.
And that's how one of the Mini-Pags' got a Saturn V lego kit one Christmas. That's one that's kept on a shelf because it's his pride and joy.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
And that's how one of the Mini-Pags' got a Saturn V lego kit one Christmas. That's one that's kept on a shelf because it's his pride and joy.
I've had my eye on that one too! It'd be perfect to lay flat on the window sill in front of my office desk.

Edit: just looked it up and Lego discontinued it! Still a few left on Amazon (probably overpriced) but managed to convince the boss it was a worthy purchase.

Last edited:

Pags

N/A
pilot
I've had my eye on that one too! It'd be perfect to lay flat on the window sill in front of my office desk.
It's an awesome kit when built (the building does get a bit repetitive since it's just a big cylinder). The thing is 3'+ tall when done and comes with stands so you display it horizontally like at KSC.

jmcquate

Contributor
Attached is an inventory of my stash. If anyone wants a finished build, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Some of them are already spoken for.

Attachments

• Model Inventory.xlsx
    14.7 KB · Views: 16

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
The two Mini Hair Warriors are currently busy destroying some vintage Lego pirates, knights, and Coasties. It’s fun to see the Coastie helo conduct CSAR and treasure salvage in shark infested waters while taking AA from rowboats w/ muskets and trebuchets. No casualties yet, unless you count decapitations and torso removal.
That is until you step on one.:D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mini road trip last weekend to Steens Mountain/Alvord Desert Hot Springs in SE Oregon...27182

Camped at the Alvord Hot Springs, hiked Steens Mountain during the day, soaked my bones at dusk, then collected high energy photons and turned them into sublime images...
#sorrynotsorrySpekio