• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT at OCS

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
To mimic the tests start sleeping 3-4 hours a night, eat very little, and have someone give you a workout prior to your test.

Seriously though you'll be fine if you're in shape... each DI has their own stuff but mostly it's just you have to stay back straight and either pushing or in front leaning rest with knife hands the whole 2 minutes.

Nice avatar btw...

I slept from 2200 until 0445, with the occasional restroom breaks. So I am not sure why you were not getting you full night sleep. And food, food was delicious. I ate like an athlete everyday (Maybe that is why I lost so little weight).

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
There was only one "Black Ninja." Worst beater in OCS history. Man, I'm getting old.

I heard about him when I was going through. Legends never die.

Bamba had this special way of doing things though. Worst beatings I ever got. He took pleasure in it like none of the others.

I slept from 2200 until 0445, with the occasional restroom breaks. So I am not sure why you were not getting you full night sleep. And food, food was delicious. I ate like an athlete everyday (Maybe that is why I lost so little weight).

You didn't lose weight because you ate like a true Cuban. =D

BackOrdered

Contributor
I heard about him when I was going through. Legends never die.

Bamba had this special way of doing things though. Worst beatings I ever got. He took pleasure in it like none of the others.

You didn't lose weight because you ate like a true Cuban. =D

With the Black Ninja's individual RPT sessions, it wasn't his eerie quiet demeanor, it wasn't that he looked like Kimbo Slice in BDUs, it was the feeling of knowing from all the accounts of his victims in student pool, you had a good 50/50 shot of attriting that day whether you liked it or not. If he really wanted you gone, he could make it happen.

And you can forget about passing RLP with him. He coined the phase, "God Himself can put your locker together and I can find a hit."

Angry

NFO in Jax
None

I volunteered for every 0000-0400 BOOD watch I could in order to avoid that man, especially since his office was moved to the 2nd deck kill zone. I was Indoc Com for his last class, and the funniest days always started when he would turn to our staff and go "watch this" before proceeding to crush the BOOD. Even better when he would team up with some of the other DIs and they would do it together - poor BOOD never stood a chance. For what its worth, if you got to know him, he is one hell of a Marine.

STG1-ENS

What happens if you fail the in PFA? I have heard that if you fail the BCA, you will be send back to your NRD or made available for orders if you are currently enlisted. However, what happens if you pass the BCA but fail the PRT? I have been exercising religously, but have heard horror stories about people failing because they get docked numbers by DIs for improper form. So if you do fail the in PFA, are you put in H company, just given special treatment until you pass the mid PFA, or are you sent packing?

exNavyOffRec

What happens if you fail the in PFA? I have heard that if you fail the BCA, you will be send back to your NRD or made available for orders if you are currently enlisted. However, what happens if you pass the BCA but fail the PRT? I have been exercising religously, but have heard horror stories about people failing because they get docked numbers by DIs for improper form. So if you do fail the in PFA, are you put in H company, just given special treatment until you pass the mid PFA, or are you sent packing?

I have had a few people fail the PRT at OCS, they get rolled into H and then class up with the next incoming class.

as far as BCA and HT/WT, if you show up to OCS out of standards god help you, and anyone in your previous COC that said you were in standards, this is such a hot issue right now that the CO of OTC has been calling the CO's of commands were people are arriving from that are out of standards. They can keep you or they can send you on your way.

STG1-ENS

I have had a few people fail the PRT at OCS, they get rolled into H and then class up with the next incoming class.

as far as BCA and HT/WT, if you show up to OCS out of standards god help you, and anyone in your previous COC that said you were in standards, this is such a hot issue right now that the CO of OTC has been calling the CO's of commands were people are arriving from that are out of standards. They can keep you or they can send you on your way.
I am well within standards. I was more worried about the PRT portion. I have never failed one since I have been enlisted, but I have never been a fitness god either. I am just worried about failing because the DI's dock me too many for improper form, because I have heard from a lot of people that it is pretty common for many to fail the in PFA for this reason. I plan on showing up as in shape as possible, but you never know what will happen.

BackOrdered

Contributor
I am well within standards. I was more worried about the PRT portion. I have never failed one since I have been enlisted, but I have never been a fitness god either. I am just worried about failing because the DI's dock me too many for improper form, because I have heard from a lot of people that it is pretty common for many to fail the in PFA for this reason. I plan on showing up as in shape as possible, but you never know what will happen.

Welcome to the mind game that is Navy OCS. Just practice your form. That is all you can do here.

OCS is a game and the house always wins. If the DI decides it is time for you to roll based on your PRT form, usually it is a predetermined decision made long before you hit the PT field. It is not the end of the world.

exNavyOffRec

If you are in standards and do well on the PRT's than don't sweat it too much, just keep working out to prepare.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
If you can get good high-ish you should be fine (in-PFA requires SAT medium, but you don't take it the first day you arrive; a good high will ensure that fatigue doesn't bring you below standards). Remember when taking it that you don't get any brownie points for going above the minimum, so stick to perfect form over quantity.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
In my experience the DI's won't dock you unless you are GROSSLY out of form. As in legs still on the deck or butt up in the air while trying to do push ups. Also if you slow down you gain their attention very quickly - try to maintain as even a pace as you can and you should be fine.