• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK tomorrow AM

MotoZuki

Any update on your eyesight, FastMover? I'm about 10 days behind you on the surgery (3/23) and will be having my contacts taken out tomorrow.

Moto

FastMover

NFO
None
Any update on your eyesight, FastMover? I'm about 10 days behind you on the surgery (3/23) and will be having my contacts taken out tomorrow.

Moto

Not really. I have another check-up on Wednesday morning...last check-up I went to they tested my pressure, dryness, and a few other things. Doc said that I was healing a little faster than normal. No pain to speak of anymore. Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night my eyes feel dry and it's a little hard to blink. A few drops of Refresh Plus and I'm good to go.

I was able to read a few letters off of the 20/25 line...before the surgery I was at 20/200. Needless to say, I'm very happy with the results. Doc said that I will likely see 20/20 as my eyes continue to heal.

I'll give another update on Wednesday....

FastMover

NFO
None
I made it through my check-up yesterday with flying colors. Doc says everything has healed nicely. They tested my vision and I was at 20/20.

I am amazed. No halos, dryness, pain, etc....Absolutely worth every cent.

mts4602

I have a question to all of you who've had PRK done.

How do you know whether someone is a good doctor or not? What questions did you ask/things you looked for?

Did you get it done where you live or did you travel somewhere to get it done?

I am looking at getting an application started soon since I am almost eligible for BDCP.

Thanks,

MTS

FastMover

NFO
None
I went to my Doc on recommendation from a lady that goes to my Church. I went to his website and read a little about him and was quite impressed. Ex-Navy guy, "team doctor" for the Jacksonville Jaguars, etc...

I would recommend asking people in your area who have had LASIK or PRK done about their experiences.

MettGT

pilot
I have a question to all of you who've had PRK done.

How do you know whether someone is a good doctor or not? What questions did you ask/things you looked for?

Did you get it done where you live or did you travel somewhere to get it done?

I am looking at getting an application started soon since I am almost eligible for BDCP.

Thanks,

MTS

I went on the recommendation of my optometrist. I also did some research online and asked to speak to someone who had surgery with him before. You also might want to check to see if the surgeon has a "lifetime warranty" plan, which is generally a good indicator.

I didn't have to travel, but my surgeon does have multiple offices in GA, SC, NC, and TN.