• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK tomorrow AM

FastMover

NFO
None
I'm going in tomorrow (Wed) morning to have wavefront PRK done at Bowden eye associates in Jacksonville. It sucks to be laid up for half of spring break, but you have to do what you have to do. I'll post updates for everyone who is interested. Hopefully all goes well and it won't hurt too much...

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
Hey, spring break is when I had mine done. Slept like a baby for 3 days. Congrats on taking the step.

FastMover

NFO
None
Hi all. Just got back from the doc's office a little while ago. Pain isn't too bad, kind of feels like I have sunblock in my eyes. I can already see a little better, but they said my vision will get a worse before it gets better. All in all I was impressed with Dr. Bowden's work, very professional. Cute nursing staff, too! If anyone in Jax is thinking of having it done, go see him. That's all for now....

FastMover

NFO
None
Day #2 is going pretty good. The pain isn't too bad at all this afternoon. I can finally open my eyes for a few minutes at a time without it being to uncomfortable. The worst part is the runny nose and watery eyes, but doc says that's normal. I have a check-up later today, hopefully everything is healing up nicely....

akdorsey

You got a problem with me?
I think someone said on here one time that its like $2,000 per eye and it depends on what doctor you go to.

FastMover

NFO
None
All together mine was around $3200. My insurance paid for about $800, so it would've costed around $4000 without it.

My doctor recommended that I have custom PRK, which is an extra $ 400 per eye. Regular PRK is quite a bit cheaper.

MotoZuki

I'm going under the laser on 3/23. My clinic applied a 10% military discount even though I'm just an applicant. Don't hesitate to ask about such a discount. Altogether the cost is $4021. Pricey, but reputable.

Moto

good luck with your continued recovery. getting prk was the best decision I've ever made. Just FYI, mine cost $3800 with a military discount.

Oh, and one more thing...WAR EAGLE!

FastMover

NFO
None
wareagle, why do I get the feeling you responded just to add that shot at the end...? :icon_wink j/k, maybe UF will bring their A game when we play ya'll in Gainesville next season.

I'm having my contacts taken out at the doctor's office at my checkup tomorrow. I can definitely tell my vision has improved. When they tested my eyes last week I could read off of the 20/30 line with one eye and the 20/40 line with the other. Before the operation I was at 20/200. It seems strange to be able to focus on an individual blade of grass looking out the window now...amazing. I still have a little trouble reading things in close...hopefully that will get better soon.