• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary on Monday

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Just do the old fasioned partial panel, IP given PAR off the ILS, it gets the X in the BOX right?

Erin M.

pilot
Head up to north to TOI. I went there for a few GCAs and when we departed they told us to come back and bring more guys. They want us to do GCAs up there.

Erin M.

pilot
Especially if you've got an O/I. MGM is only 20 miles or so north of TOI. You can get a ton of approaches in and then head into town to get some bbq at Dreamland.

Criminal

God's personal hacky sack
pilot
Finished Friday night.

I've been trying to distract myself with the gym, cleaning the house, working on the car, taking the dog on super long walks, and none of it is working well.

WTF? Why don't you try drinking? Works well for most.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If I were you, I'd think about taking leave, but I hear it gets denied all the time.

Erin M.

pilot
I prefer BBBQ myself.

In any event, an even more important question: What tasty beverage did you give to the IP who flew your last T-6 flight in order to help destroy his/her liver...especially since your flight was on a Friday night?

None. I am a terrible person.

I was unaware I'd committed such an awful offense at the time. I am going to bring some things in this week for both my on-wing and for the instructor that flew my final flight with me.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
None. I am a terrible person.

I was unaware I'd committed such an awful offense at the time. I am going to bring some things in this week for both my on-wing and for the instructor that flew my final flight with me.
You are never wrong providing libations for those that hold your future in their hands....

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
You are never wrong providing libations for those that hold your future in their hands....
This is an honest question:
What is the social norm on providing gifts for your instructors?
Back in my day, when we wound our 8-day clocks before flying, you bought your onwing a bottle after your initial solo (tie cutting) and you were debt free after that. The latest variations that I have heard: gift for first flight (an air force tradition), tie cutting, final flight, NATOPS checkride (for Aircraft Commander), the list goes on.
I am not hating. I am the recipient of 16 hard earned bottles of booze and other various assorted gifts from my stellar onwings. I felt that after 10 hot, sweaty, flights in the trenches beating up the landing pattern and trying to teach things that can't be taught like headwork that I was not out of bounds in expecting some compensation.
Most of the "last flights" that I did in Primary were just as good a deal for me as they were for the lad or lass doing them...I only expected them to be reasonably prepared and went in with the expectation that we wre going to have some fun.
Have times changed?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
This is an honest question:
What is the social norm on providing gifts for your instructors?
Back in my day, when we wound our 8-day clocks before flying, you bought your onwing a bottle after your initial solo (tie cutting) and you were debt free after that. The latest variations that I have heard: gift for first flight (an air force tradition), tie cutting, final flight, NATOPS checkride (for Aircraft Commander), the list goes on.
I am not hating. I am the recipient of 16 hard earned bottles of booze and other various assorted gifts from my stellar onwings. I felt that after 10 hot, sweaty, flights in the trenches beating up the landing pattern and trying to teach things that can't be taught like headwork that I was not out of bounds in expecting some compensation.
Most of the "last flights" that I did in Primary were just as good a deal for me as they were for the lad or lass doing them...I only expected them to be reasonably prepared and went in with the expectation that we wre going to have some fun.
Have times changed?

We did a dollar ride 'gift,' but mine was as simple as a picture of a B-52 flying over Hokie stadium (IP was a BUFF pilot) with a dollar underneath it, cheapie frame, signed and dated. Tie Cutting/Solo check guy got a bottle, as we didn't really have on wings at Vance. Circa 2007...nothing else really expected or required.