• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary closed out for 6-9 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
EODDave,

I was engaged before coming down here (not anymore, long story). My original orders were PCS for eventual Primary at Whiting Field.

I'm getting a feeling stuff here changes very fast. For people that have been here a year, it seems what YOU had to go through no longer applies in some cases. I'm getting tired of correcting the same questions lol.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let me reiterate. I'm sure what I have will be out of date in a month. I didn't want to come off as an arogant asshole...sorry if I did.

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
Sorry- I have to add on to this.... my husband is in the waiting pool for primary ( selected to start early September) here in CC and we just moved from P'cola a week or two ago-so- nothing says you can't go to CC if you're married!!

Heather

Acoustix99

pilot
Ugh, crap, I'm reporting on sept 12 for API, guess I may be waiting a while....I suppose it's all a part of thye navy's conspiracy to keep us as long as they can before our commitment starts :) Oh well, it'll give me plenty of time to practice the PRT course.

a_steez

Originally posted by Fly Navy
Just a note for all new guys coming down. Until they change the policy again, if you go to Whiting for Primary, you WILL live at the BOQ at Whiting.

Boy that's news to me. Im in primary (Whiting) right now and they dont give a hoot where you live.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
a_steez, this is not a personal attack on you, I'm just sick of hearing this from every yahoo in Primary.

That policy is for NEW arrivals going to Primary at Whiting. Your lease must be signed by July 22nd. I'm am SICK of people in Primary saying "Wow, that's not what happened to me, so it must not be true." Are you a new arrival? NO. *sigh*

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Bite your tongue squid! I just reread all of your posts in this link and you never mentioned that NEW policy had been passed, only offering a heads up to the new guys. Noone was supposed to know that anything had changed...be a little more clear if you don't want to repeat yourself.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sorry, you are entirely correct. I mentioned that policy in another thread. My apologies for being an asshole.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I will reiterate the policy now since I never mentioned it in this thread. Currently, any new check-in at API will live in the BOQ if they report to Whiting for Primary. This policy is basically only a month old, and only encompasses those people with leases dated after 22 July. It does not apply to those that report to Corpus for Primary. This isn't a rumor, this is straight from Flight Management.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just FYI, these things come in cycles. When I was about half way through Primary at Whiting, they started instituting the same rule. The Q will fill up, and then they'll start letting people live out in town again. It's all about timing... The standard Navy way.

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
what about people coming from corpus or vance to south whiting for advanced? probably the same deal, huh? i guess some buddies will be getting the shaft as well.. does anyone know if they can move out at a later date if the occupancy goes back to being full.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Splendid_splinter,

Good question. I don't know if that policy affects only those in Primary, or everyone at Whiting. I'll call a friend of mine that works in Flight Management tomorrow and see if he can find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.