• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary closed out for 6-9 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
I heard a nasty rumor that primary is closed out and that people will have to wait 6-9 months before classing up even for API. Can anyone verify/dispute this?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Corpus and Whiting have all buy closed their doors. They are taking like 4 people a week. Expect to be here in P-cola until January, if you've already checked in.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I have not seen or heard anything like that. The first class in the JPAT lead in finished ground school last week and they are in CPT's. We had another class start up this week with about 18 guys or so. So, unless API isn't sending people then I am not sure. I'll ask the wing guys on Monday.

Dave

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is straight from Flight Management, LT Domzal himself.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
That's nothing, back in the early-mid 90's, we were waiting 18 months to start API. That's why many of us made 0-4 during our first shore tour!

Dupe

How long does it take from API to go to your primary squadron? Is it the same for all services?

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
I can only speak for Corpus, but it actually seems like the last few weeks 27 and 28 had relatively large classes in ground school (10-12 people)... But that's just my perception from talking to my buddies in the classes and walking by the classroom doors. What I can tell you for sure is that the weather in Corpus right now is beautiful for flying. Very hot, but good vis, no clouds, no afternoon storms so the people who are here in primary right now should be getting through quickly. More people out=more people in. makes sense, right? but this is the Navy
eyebrows_125.gif

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Weather in P-cola right now is ANNOYING. The thunderstorms every damn afternoon are really starting to annoy me.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
I am not in Primary, heck, not in API yet. Just starting IFS ... again ... medical.

Anyway, I live in Milton, and I can say that indeed the weather here has been rough for the last couple of weeks. Often times, thunderstorms rolling in twice a day.

Whiting is about 10 miles from my house, and the weather patterns here are odd to say the least. My house can get an inch of rain in a couple of hours. I drive 2 miles into town and it's dry as a bone, not a single drop.

I can say I haven't seen the Whiting traffic I was seeing a month ago. Used to see a helo pass over every few minutes... not last couple of weeks.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the 6-9 month delay you mentioned.

Just FYI for any Coasties reading - don't panic. As soon as you finish IFS, you move onto API (unless we've reached our class quota, at which point you'll just have to wait for the next class - which is real possible for those starting IFS this week - 7 Coasties, look out!). As soon as you're done with API you move onto Primary, etc.

LT Youngkin

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Elder, where are you doing IFS? I have a friend at Eglin, that seems to be where most are doing it.

jaerose

I'm from Indiana and I'm wondering where exactly is Whiting (is there a town name...is it Whiting)? How far from NAS?

JR
www.jdroseberry.info

Dupe

Whiting is in the town of Milton, Fl. Its about 20 miles NE of Pensacola, and about a 40 min drive from the NAS P-cola front gate.

PS...moving from Indiana to here is a trip. I just left Terre Haute

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by Elder
Anyway, I live in Milton, and I can say that indeed the weather here has been rough for the last couple of weeks. Often times, thunderstorms rolling in twice a day.

Whiting is about 10 miles from my house, and the weather patterns here are odd to say the least. My house can get an inch of rain in a couple of hours. I drive 2 miles into town and it's dry as a bone, not a single drop.

What are you talking about? That's just a standard day in Florida in the summer.
icon_smile.gif

cod17

That may be why my OCS date was pushed back from late June to 1 Nov. At least I was told that if were be in the 28 or 26 June class, then I would have to wait 5-6 months for a spot to start my primary training.

Status
Not open for further replies.