• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

President Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

AJB37

I love how everyone on TV declared the whole experiment a "failure" (and defacto waste of money) because there weren't any cool pictures or video. Idiots.

Brett

Ah, so you saw Neil Cavuto talk over Buzz Aldrin then bring on some business analyst to say that the money spent on the mission should have gone to pay down the deficit. So yes, idiots indeed.

FlyinRock

I wonder if George Soros bought it for him? Obama certainly didn't earn it. Now the Nobel has lost its value for me. What a joke

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I love how everyone on TV declared the whole experiment a "failure" (and defacto waste of money) because there weren't any cool pictures or video. Idiots.

Brett

Exactly. NASA was very happy with the results and the mission was a success.... but all the talking heads are saying it failed since there weren't any neat videos or pictures, explosions or even anything making a "whirring" noise which appeases the average moron American so much.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Whoever it was earlier who said that the Nobel Prizes for sciences, literature and whatnot are still legit is right on.

Ironically, the reaction closest to my own from a government figure came from Ahmed Yousef, the deputy foreign minister of Hamas.
We believe he has been rewarded or judged based on good intentions towards peace but not on his achievement. [...] It was too early to award him. He has not done that much yet.

Peace Prizes have only ever been a political crapshoot. Make no mistake, I'm proud that an American won it (as I would be if it were any American, even W.), but I view the award as a direct challenge from the Prize committee to Obama to step his game up and actually DO all the starry-eyed idealistic stuff he's said he's going to do. The Prize was intended for people who inspire, and at the very least, no one can doubt that Obama certainly inspires, whether it inspires us into hope or vitriol. Polarizing figures tend to do that.

We shall see. I hope he proves worthy of it eventually. Maybe he'll get another one at the back end of his term if he actually DOES do something! :D

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Yo obama, i?m gonna let you finish, but i just wanna say that martin luther king jr was the best nobel prize winner of all time.

Clux4

Banned
Don't be worried America, Monday morning will roll around and we will have other exciting news to talk about. That is just the way it is.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Ive been in the field for the last two and a half weeks... which in internet time is 4 score and seven years...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Exactly. NASA was very happy with the results and the mission was a success.... but all the talking heads are saying it failed since there weren't any neat videos or pictures, explosions or even anything making a "whirring" noise which appeases the average moron American so much.

"Bring in the machine that goes PING, and get the most expensive machine... in case the administrator comes!"

2035073.large.jpg

Brett

ryan1234

Just need to chime in here:

This NPP kind of reminds me of a few prestigious awards that a particular fellow received from various 'authorities'. His name is Robert Mugabe, the leader of Zimbabwe.

He 'united' a people, and led them into an economic crisis that dwarfs our great depression.

He was awarded the Knight's Grand Cross in the Order of Bath in 1994 by Queen Elizabeth II in a gesture of good will, yet in 2008 it was taken away for 'human rights attrocities'.

He was also awarded the Africa Prize for Leadership for the sustainable end of hunger in 1988. In 2001 the award was revoked because his people were literally starving to death because of his policies.

Several other degrees, honors, and awards were taken away from Him. Yet in the late 80s, after Mugabe took "Zimbabwe" back from the evil Rhodesians, it seemed to be feel-good and trendy for people to assume that he was this great leader and confer award after award upon him - after all, he united a people against an 'terrible oppression, how bad could he be?. Man, were they wrong.... what a bunch of idiots.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
He was awarded the Knight's Grand Cross in the Order of Bath in 1994 by Queen Elizabeth II in a gesture of good will, yet in 2008 it was taken away for 'human rights atrocities'.

He was also awarded the Africa Prize for Leadership for the sustainable end of hunger in 1988. In 2001 the award was revoked because his people were literally starving to death because of his policies.

The University of Edinburgh revoked his honorary doctorate a couple years ago, and made a big deal out of it at the time too. Not too often academia does something like that!

So was the rest of the world trying to use positive reinforcement on Mugabe for his good work, and when his bad work got to be more than his good work, they switched to negative reinforcement?

Parting shot- this is an extreme argument in favor of term limits in public office. :)

(Edit- just in case, I'm not comparing the present or any CinC with Mugabe.)

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Just need to chime in here:

This NPP kind of reminds me of a few prestigious awards that a particular fellow received from various 'authorities'. His name is Robert Mugabe, the leader of Zimbabwe.

He 'united' a people, and led them into an economic crisis that dwarfs our great depression.

He was awarded the Knight's Grand Cross in the Order of Bath in 1994 by Queen Elizabeth II in a gesture of good will, yet in 2008 it was taken away for 'human rights attrocities'.

Several other degrees, honors, and awards were taken away from Him. Yet in the late 80s, after Mugabe took "Zimbabwe" back from the evil Rhodesians, it seemed to be feel-good and trendy for people to assume that he was this great leader and confer award after award upon him - after all, he united a people against an 'terrible oppression, how bad could he be?. Man, were they wrong.... what a bunch of idiots.
Awaiting inevitable Hitler comparison.

ryan1234

Hmm......are you insinuating a comparison between Obama and Mugabe?

Seriously?

Awaiting inevitable Hitler comparison.

Before y'all get your panties in a twist please re-read my post. Not once did I mention Obama, there is no comparison to the barbarism of Mugabe (and Hitler for that matter). I mentioned the NPP, particularly this NPP. The point of the post was that it is pre-mature, just as Mugabe's awards were pre-mature and given simply for a feel-goodness rather than an actual accomplishment.

Like they say "It's like winning the Heisman without playing a game".

The University of Edinburgh revoked his honorary doctorate a couple years ago, and made a big deal out of it at the time too. Not too often academia does something like that!

So was the rest of the world trying to use positive reinforcement on Mugabe for his good work, and when his bad work got to be more than his good work, they switched to negative reinforcement?

Parting shot- this is an extreme argument in favor of term limits in public office. :)

(Edit- just in case, I'm not comparing the present or any CinC with Mugabe.)

Exactly!