• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre-commissioning Loan USAA

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
You are told by USAA Rep. "I need **** to complete the paper work". You get what they ask for....

Then you are told, "Nope not good enough, I'm going to need ****."
You go back to your recruiter again to get the next item.

Rinse and repeat this for about 2 weeks and 15 - 20 phone calls back and forth to your recruiter. You don't see a problem with this? It's not about some sarcastic remark like, "getting your panties in a twist." It's about getting the job done right. Do you really want to bother your recruiter, or your processor with 15 - 20 phone calls about this? No, you want to receive the correct information the first time and complete the task. I guess I could be wrong about all this, but in my opinion operating with efficiency while being well informed is a trait of a good officer.

It's all fine and dandy once it is complete, however; it is not without flaws and the information pertaining to such should not be scorned at since it will help to get it fixed.

TK

You are going to enjoy PSD...they are the pinnacle of well informed efficiency...

xmid

pilot
Contributor
It's all fine and dandy once it is complete, however; it is not without flaws and the information pertaining to such should not be scorned at since it will help to get it fixed.

TK

When I got my final select letter or whatever it was called, I called and asked USAA what they needed for the loan. They said they needed my expected commissioning date, which I told them was not on my letter. They told me that I needed to get my recruiter to fax them an expected commissioning date on NRD letterhead. I had my loan in my checking acount within a couple days. I don't see what the huge problem is. If any other company was willing to give you an unbelievable deal on one of their products would you be angry about a few hoops you had to jump through to get it? You aren't entitled to it so whats the issue?

And I agree, you are going to have big issues with PSD if you think USAA is a pain to deal with. There were guys that came down to Pensacola from OCS with me that were still getting $750 pay checks for a while until PSD could get it fixed... about a month or two later...

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
I am not going to be attacked at or argued with about what I am doing wrong when I am merely holding a standard of accountability. I never said the word "Entitlement". DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. Thank you.

However, I will not be a part of the few who do nothing. I like to get things completed and if there is a problem getting it completed I like to fix the problem. From what I have gone through with USAA and having talked to several of thier represenatives, I have now "HELPED" several people within thier company to become more informed. My footwork will make it easier for people in the future. I will not be a part of the "few who do nothing" as you guys seem to be happy with.

I am done with this, and you are welcome.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I am not going to be attacked at or argued with about what I am doing wrong when I am merely holding a standard of accountability. I never said the word "Entitlement". DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. Thank you.

However, I will not be a part of the few who do nothing. I like to get things completed and if there is a problem getting it completed I like to fix the problem. From what I have gone through with USAA and having talked to several of thier represenatives, I have now "HELPED" several people within thier company to become more informed. My footwork will make it easier for people in the future. I will not be a part of the "few who do nothing" as you guys seem to be happy with.

"All Hail Thunderkiss, Vanquisher of USAA Peons!"

Dude, lose the chip on yer shoulder...

phrogpilot73

From what I have gone through with USAA and having talked to several of thier represenatives, I have now "HELPED" several people within thier company to become more informed. My footwork will make it easier for people in the future. I will not be a part of the "few who do nothing" as you guys seem to be happy with.

Wow. How did the military survive without you for so long? How did countless thousands manage to get their loans prior to comissioning in the past? They must have floundered and flapped in the breeze, because Thunderkiss wasn't around yet.

You probably drew the short stick with the representative you talked to. You did not save the world. Enjoy OCS.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I can't believe I just read a thread with such intensity...about a loan.

imnrange

Student Loans...

I may be mistaken but I believe you can put your loans on hold (deferment or forbearance) while you are serving. The interest will still accrue. I'd look at your other debt IF you can put your loans on hold. If you need to $ to cover other expenses / responsibilities, use it for that. Like it was said earlier, the interest is tax deductible (not that it's a lot but every little bit helps).

Cougar_62

Just another frustrated observer.
CUBUFFS4134, check your math. If you commision on the 1st of March, November 1st is 120 days, not December 1st.

November, 30 days
December, 31 days
January, 31 days
February, 28 days

Total 120 days.

Not being a smart-ass, just pointing this out in-case it would make a difference in your applying for the loan.

JIMMY

sorry if this is a dumb question but i havent been able to find any info on this pre-com loan on usaa's site. does anyone have a link with info on it?

Thx!

-jP

Mac510

Kohl-Aid
Ok, so does anyone know how much the Pre-Commissioning Loan is? Also, why would you suggest getting it in OCS compared to now. I'm the type of person who could put the money in the bank and wait until I need it for my uniforms to use it. Just wanted to know.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Ok, so does anyone know how much the Pre-Commissioning Loan is? Also, why would you suggest getting it in OCS compared to now. I'm the type of person who could put the money in the bank and wait until I need it for my uniforms to use it. Just wanted to know.

Exactly what I'm doing. The loan is 25k at 2% fixed.