• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre-commissioning Loan USAA

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
I need some help from someone who has experience with USAA.

I have had my loan approved and sent them my contract agreement as previously requested, and now I am being told that is insufficient.

USAA has informed me that they need "Orders" to OCS stating the begin date, length of program, and commissioning route. Does anyone know what this is about? I am guessing that they are talking about the final select letter that comes in the mail, however; from reading on these boards it is my understanding that I might not even see this letter before I have to leave. I need to make these funds available immediately so that I can have all my affairs in order before I leave.

Is there a number I can call to get a copy of the orders faxed to me?
Or
Can I get my recruiting officer to make a copy of the orders available to me?

Please respond to this if you have experience with USAA.

VR,
TK

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Is there a number I can call to get a copy of the orders faxed to me?
Your recruiter should have them or get them in the near future. You will need your orders to get onto the base in Newport. Give your recruiter a call.

Renegade One

None
USAA is a GREAT company...but not avail to the general public. Hence their desire to get "something more" from you. I think...I don't represent them, but I sure do like the service...

bluesig1

sure thing
None
I had the same problem when I got my loan. Just ask your recruiter to type something up that says exactly what you need, Date you arrive, length, and date you graduate. It took a couple days for me, but I got the money and spent it on hookers so to speak.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
If you can delay getting the loan, I'd wait until after you are commissioned, or while you are a candio. They will either need a copy of your orders to OCS, which you won't receive until a week or two before you go, or a letter from your CO once you're active duty.

As others have stated, your recruiter can probably provide them with something detailing the commissioning program that will be good enough for their needs. Still, I waited until I knew for sure I would commission before even applying, just because if you DOR / attrite / NPQ / whatever, the loan will loose the fixed rate and become an adjustable rate loan = bad.

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
You need to send in a copy of your orders. It is a pre-commissioning loan, they want to make sure that you'll actually be commissioning and when.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Concur with all the above. All you need is a letter from CO saying you are enrolled in the program and will grad and commission on whatever dates. Have them fax that over to USAA. It takes about 2 hours for stuff to process through their computer system (thats what they told me) so after a few hours call down and see that they have that letter posted to your account. It should only take a few days at that point.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I think so, when I was on the phone with USAA today about the loan the CSR told me the rate was now 2.99%

Five years. I'll check the rate for sure when I get my forms.

I got it at 1.99%....