• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre-authorized credit in my account?

skittle986

Ensign, Civil engineer corps, U.S Navy.
Can the OP just cite your post in case DFAS ever comes a-looking for their money? My original recommendation to call DFAS stands.

I called the DFAS and wasn't able to proceed because I didn't have a pin number. I received a response from the lady who handles all of my paperwork and she mentioned something along the lines of what rufio181 has said. I am just waiting on my recruiter to confirm which wont be until monday.

Last edited:

skittle986

Or better yet from the actual program authorization:

http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/PAs/PA_104A_CIVIL_ENG_CORPS.PDF

Page 3 section VI and page 6 section IX cover everything.

As for the page 3 of reporting to the navy recruiting district, I still am not clear on that since I have inquired about reporting and when exactly I am supposed to be reporting. I have yet to get an answer about that. If I am understanding correct, this means that I am supposed to report and work under administration until I leave for OCS? Hopefully my recruiter will have the answer when I call him back on Monday. I have had 3 recruiters in this entire process. The first one was relieved right after my packet was completed ad submitted, then I got another one who told me the good news and swore me in, now she is gone. And finally with this last one who doesn't know much about me or my process. Its a big ball of confusion for everyone.

skittle986

R1 meant cite Rufio's post, not yours. Then Rufio followed up with the actual publication to confirm.
As for reporting to the NRD to work until OCS, that sounds suspiciously like OHARP duty, but I'm not 100% sure.

I realized that is what he meant after I was able to actually sit down and really read the responses. I edited that response, and removed that part of the reply :)

As for reporting to NRD, I guess I will find out on Monday. I hate not knowing what is going on :confused:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
As for the page 3 of reporting to the navy recruiting district, I still am not clear on that since I have inquired about reporting and when exactly I am supposed to be reporting. I have yet to get an answer about that. If I am understanding correct, this means that I am supposed to report and work under administration until I leave for OCS? Hopefully my recruiter will have the answer when I call him back on Monday. I have had 3 recruiters in this entire process. The first one was relieved right after my packet was completed ad submitted, then I got another one who told me the good news and swore me in, now she is gone. And finally with this last one who doesn't know much about me or my process. Its a big ball of confusion for everyone.

Prior to shipping to OCS you don't need to report or work. Your main job right now is to prepare for OCS and to check in (either VIA phone or face to face) with your recruiter to make sure you're still alive and ready to ship out.

I have an applicant in the same situation. They're just hanging out at Mom/Dad's place collecting a paycheck and waiting to leave for OCS. They'll call or check in every week or so.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Prior to shipping to OCS you don't need to report or work. Your main job right now is to prepare for OCS and to check in (either VIA phone or face to face) with your recruiter to make sure you're still alive and ready to ship out.

My second year? of recruiting NRC put out an email saying NUPOC's and CEC collegiates if not attending school were to report to the NRD for work each day, well that really didn't happen and not much was said about that email after that :)

Renegade One

None
Lol! I don't know. I'm still scared to touch it.
Call it a nest egg for future use. From all of the above responses, sounds like it's genuine and earned. But I'd still recommend showing a bit of personal restraint for the near future and leave it alone until you KNOW…for SURE…that it's all copacetic. Then use it to partially pay college loans, or credit card debt, or whatever. Party time will come later…many times. :)

skittle986

Call it a nest egg for future use. From all of the above responses, sounds like it's genuine and earned. But I'd still recommend showing a bit of personal restraint for the near future and leave it alone until you KNOW…for SURE…that it's all copacetic. Then use it to partially pay college loans, or credit card debt, or whatever. Party time will come later…many times. :)

I couldn't agree more! Thank you for that wonderful advice. I will keep it in my untouchable savings.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Today I checked my account and was surprised to find a huge sum of funds deposited into it.
PARTY TIME!:eek::p:D
Call it a nest egg for future use.

Then use it to partially pay college loans, or credit card debt, or whatever. Party time will come later…many times. :)
Basic cultural difference...

Naval Aviator: Party down... don't sweat where it came from. Get yourself a hot red Ensignmobile. You deserve it 'cause you're cool!:eek:

Naval Flight Officer: Don't touch it until you know it's legit. Then use it to payoff credit card debt & college loans, then treat yourself to a new dress. Save the rest.:rolleyes:

skittle986, who ya gonna listen to? Choose wisely!:D
BzB