• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre-authorized credit in my account?

skittle986

Ensign, Civil engineer corps, U.S Navy.
Today I checked my account and was surprised to find a huge sum of funds deposited into it. It is pre-authorized and labeled as DFAS-CLEVELAND NAVY ACT. Can someone please explain what this is? Is it the sum of what you get at OCS? because I thought you get paid monthly while at OCS and was never informed of any funds being deposited before attending. I am so confused and cannot get a hold of my recruiter.

Renegade One

None
You may get a better response from someone with current experience, but I'd be leery as well. My advice is "don't spend ANY of it" until you get it figured out. The Navy has this funny habit of making payroll errors and then just NOT PAYING YOU until they get it all back.

Pretty sure you could call DFAS directly and maybe get a best answer?

Navy
DFAS-Cleveland Center
Attn.: DFAS-CL/JFLAGB
1240 East 9th Street
Cleveland, OH 44199-2005
Phone: 888-332-7411
Fax: 216-367-3666; DSN: 580-7603
E-mail:CCL-CATCH-62@DFAS.MIL

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Today I checked my account and was surprised to find a huge sum of funds deposited into it. It is pre-authorized and labeled as DFAS-CLEVELAND NAVY ACT. Can someone please explain what this is? Is it the sum of what you get at OCS? because I thought you get paid monthly while at OCS and was never informed of any funds being deposited before attending. I am so confused and cannot get a hold of my recruiter.
If you don't mind my asking, how huge was it? The first paycheck usually includes the uniform allowance, which is a couple grand, plus the thousand or so for your first bimonthly paycheck. Might've just picked up a Chance card that said "Bank error in your favor."
But yeah, don't spend any of it yet like R1 said.

skittle986

Ensign, Civil engineer corps, U.S Navy.
If you don't mind my asking, how huge was it? The first paycheck usually includes the uniform allowance, which is a couple grand, plus the thousand or so for your first bimonthly paycheck. Might've just picked up a Chance card that said "Bank error in your favor."
But yeah, don't spend any of it yet like R1 said.

it was a little over 7,000. I wont spend any of it especially since i don't know where it came from

Last edited:

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Ensign-mobile time!!!
Corvette1.jpg

kdubAF

AF NCO
I know an AF guy who was overpaid around $20k over the course of about 4yrs. It started after basic and he never questioned it until he didn't get paid one day. Now dfas is taking nice chunk out of his checks each month until forever. ALWAYS question weird pay issues.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
This is normal guys.

OP is in a CEC collegiate status, meaning she gets paid E5 + BAH until she ships out to OCS. This is simply the back pay you've earned since it takes a while to get you into the system.

All CEC applicants who get FINSEL'd and sworn in get E5 pay + BAH, a military ID card, and Tricare benefits until they ship out to OCS.

Last edited: