• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Point Paper/Letter Re: Aviation Greens.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SDK is an awesome uniform, no doubt, but since they're leaving it optional (as of now), why not leave AWGs as an optional uniform in the form of Aviation Service Greens? No cost involved for the Navy (other than a name change in the uniform regs).

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
So I finally googled AWGs to see what they look like.

020725-001.jpg

...Look like our Service Alphas, but with a black tie and some striping on the cuffs and no belt.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Usually when you google AWGs you get MasterBates picture. If that's not an endorsement to buy, I don't know what is.

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
Last two months to wear them and mine are sitting in storage while I walk around in army uniforms...sigh.

Child

None
So what's the news on saving the greens? 12/31/2010 has come and gone, and the NAVADMIN dictating that the idiotic NWU will replace the amazing aviation working greens must be in full effect. I check the messages most days hoping to find a repeal of that portion of the NAVADMIN. Nevertheless, AWG is still on the BUPERS website in the uniform regs. We need to get this done, so let me know where we stand, and if I can help, I will.

MasterBates

Whenever the NAVADMIN comes out for the Uniform Review Board, send them a letter for their reinstatement.

I think the way to get them back will be like how we got brown shoes back.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whenever the NAVADMIN comes out for the Uniform Review Board, send them a letter for their reinstatement.

I think the way to get them back will be like how we got brown shoes back.
A sympathetic SECNAV? Fat chance.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, since I'll be in CIV-Fleet soon, maybe I can become SECNAV
Really? Seems like just yesterday you were trying to shoe horn yourself into a cockpit for the most recent chapter of Master's Life and Times.