• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Point Paper/Letter Re: Aviation Greens.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
yeah, and a shoe's just a shoe...who cares what color it is, right?
Well I should hope so! The race of our brother and sister SWOs should not be an issue in this day and age!! Can't we just get beyond all the hate'n?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
As for the why of the change...sounds plausible. Stupid, reactionary, short-sighted, and excessively nannyish...so plausible.

Exxxaaaaaaactly...

Thanks A4's for your insight too.

img_0707.jpg

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Well I should hope so! The race of our brother and sister SWOs should not be an issue in this day and age!! Can't we just get beyond all the hate'n?
Put aren't we better than everyone else?

baconbits

None
Okay, I'm not into shoe bashing, but I did want to get my 10 cents in on AWGs. I recently picked up a set (at the NMCRS thrift shop), which I plan to wear once I leave the FRS and get to my fleet squadron. I'm at VP 30 and I don't want to be the only student NFO walking around in greens. However, I am wondering if greens are still considered a winter uniform? As I understand it, they were original the Naval Aviation winter uniform, with Khakis being the summer uniform. Is that still the case or are they just a year round uniform now? I hope that the letter gets people talking outside of Air warriors. Since I would like to get more than a year or two out of my new greens.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
I personally don't see a need for AWG, especially when used to distinguish oneself from other warfare specialties. The Pilot/NFO wings do that job effectively already. They also look a lot like the Marine Class A uniforms.

We already get to wear flight suits so your point is kinda mute. Besides, khakis suck. I'd rather wear aviation working greens. It's that distinguished thing that makes 'em a bit nicer. The navy is based around it's communities. If you want a branch where its all about the branch go join the marines. They love to say that they're a marine first. We here in the navy like to say we're a pilot, or a submariner, or god forbid a swo. We never really say we're a sailor.

Any words on the greens anyhow? Has the ADM signed off on the request yet?

MasterBates

I am doing some follow up calls Monday, after I put out a couple fires that erupted over the weekend.

AWGs are legal for year round, but may be a bit too warm when it gets past 70.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... We never really say we're a sailor.....
I do ... always.

If the person is worth my time and/or a conversation, then maybe I'll get into the Naval Aviation thing ... military guys "get it" ... many civilians don't.

Ergo: not worth the time. :)

brownshoe

Contributor
I do ... always.

If the person is worth my time and/or a conversation, then maybe I'll get into the Naval Aviation thing ... military guys "get it" ... many civilians don't.

Ergo: not worth the time. :)

Could be this kid might learn "a2b2c3" :)

Steve