• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

places to shoot in Pensacola

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Snort:

Thanks for the info. I found a couple of places west of here around Mobile that might be what I'm looking for off of Packing.com.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Sevenhelmet and I went and shot at The Shooting Parlor in the Gold Mine Pawn Shop today--it's over by Mobile if anyone is interested (the link has a map).

If you're like me and still don't have a handgun, it's $35 for everything you need to shoot. If you have a handgun, it's $25 to become a member so you can shoot for $5 every time after that, which is a military discount; it's usually $10.

The range itself was fairly small (three stations) with one set up to allow rifles, but you have to pass a marksmanship test first before they'll let you shoot a rifle. The handgun rental selection was limited to Glocks only in 9mm, .40S&W, and .45, but next time I go back I'm going to see if they'll let me shoot some of the used handguns. I also need to do my homework on prices to see if they were reasonable for what they had, and also how buying a handgun in AL works when you're living in FL and about to move to TX...

Didn't shoot terribly well but it's the first time I've shot in almost three years now (d*mn, I didn't realize it'd been that long) so I wasn't expecting too much. I'm going to reserve judgement on the Glock itself for after I have something to compare it to.

There's one another place north of Mobile that I'd also like to check out (Precision Shooting Club) and see if they've got a better selection.