• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

places to shoot in Pensacola

theduke

bought a new pistol fairly recently, and only have had a chance to shoot it once. anyone have a favorite range in Pensacola?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Santa Rosa Sporting Clays & Gun Club
6950 Quintette Road
Pace, FL 32571
(850) 995-9377

25 yd Pistol Range
100 yd Rifle Range
5-Stand
Shotgun Pads
Sporting Clays

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I think thats the only place to shoot in Pcola, long way from Pcola, but worth the drive I suppose.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is another as well, Escambia River Muzzleloaders. Look it up.

zelda

Nomad
What are the going rates at these places? I went to a Sporting Clays spot out here in Cali today and have previously gone to an indoor shooting range. Could be something to check out the next time I'm in the Pcola area.

Isela

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Santa Rosa was like $3/day when I left Pcola in October. They used to have a $50/year membership so that you didn't have to pay daily fees, but I think they did away with that. It's a public range, paid for by the State of Florida.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Its much cheaper than the indoor range here in Corpus where I go, $12/hour for military types.

theduke

Santa Rosa was like $3/day when I left Pcola in October

damn, that's CHEAP!

i'll have to take my Remington 700 (7mm REM) out there to punch some paper...believe it or not, i've actually shot a ~3/4" group at 100 yds with that rifle! i'd say i prob average 1.5", though...which i think is still very good for an out of the box 700, particularly a belted magnum caliber.

and i'm gonna order an 870 Wingmaster one of these days...when i do, i'll have to take the whole arsenal out there....shoot some clays, too.

btw, enjoy that new pistol! what did ya get?

sold my SIG P226 (i'll get another SIG someday, but the next one will be a compact)
bought a Springfield 1911 (stainless loaded model)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
theduke said:
damn, that's CHEAP!

i'll have to take my Remington 700 (7mm REM) out there to punch some paper...believe it or not, i've actually shot a ~3/4" group at 100 yds with that rifle! i'd say i prob average 1.5", though...which i think is still very good for an out of the box 700, particularly a belted magnum caliber.

Sub-MOA, nice. I believe the Secret Service uses 7mm.

sold my SIG P226 (i'll get another SIG someday, but the next one will be a compact)
bought a Springfield 1911 (stainless loaded model)

Why'd you CHOOSE to move down in the world? :icon_smil

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Whatever happened to the clay pit out in Cantonment? I believe it was technically a black powder club but it had the most basic tin roofed structure to keep you out of the sun and a number of bers down range that ended at the wall of a clay pit. I spent many an afternoon shooting cases of ammo from that great place. We used to fly over it all the time - (on the way to Site 8 I think).

Good times!