• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

Not to talk poorly about e2/c2 pipeline, but take a minute to consider your source when you report things. You talked to a recently winged c2 pilot who's first choice was jets. Now, what do you really think the guy is going to say about the e2/c2 pipeline? Did you expect him to say that he sucked and therefore got e2/c2? I think it is fair to say that the whole timing and need issue will come into play for you regardless of when you go through, so just do your best in flight training and play the cards.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

ghost_ttu

I didn't say there is ANYTHING wrong with e2/c2 pipeline.....What I said was weigh the input that you receive with the source from which you receive it.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

funkonomics

Anything beats the Mighty Sky-Pigeon (C-152) I'm flying now! Can't wait to see what 150 knots feels like (outside of a Jumbo that is).

Rainman

pilot
Some encouraging news for all the jetdreamers .. Whereas Navy mid 60's (or higher) were needed last fall for TAC/Strike; Recent drops have included plenty of studs in the fifties, including one chap with a 50. It seems as though the Marine selection process doesn't turn off and on as much and has always (in the past year anyways) taken qualified candidates. . (fifties). .

Do your best

SAM-- I heard a rumor that the T2C was grounded yesterday. What does that mean for split syllabus studs?

Rainman

pilot
UIN

Roger. . selection in 8 more days. Finished though.. Can you say, "Duty Bitch?"

Got a couple buddies on their way up one TS one split. . .interesting. .

Talk to you in 8 days!

RM

Rainman

pilot
All that keep track of this sort of thing. .

Marine Corps continues to give out jet assignments to qualified (above 50 NSS) primary students.

Navy students in the fifties have been selecting as well.

Haven't heard of anybody getting denied. . .
Stay motivated.

UIN -- see you in MS (actually going up today if you'll be around)

Heineken

SNA Advanced, Meridian
Originally posted by jboomer
A 152! That's what I flew in FIP, whew, like flying a go-kart with wings! T-34 is MUCH more fun!

Yea...the 1filthy2 is one of the only planes certified to take a bird strike in the A$$.

Jeff

Congrats Rainman, TS is a blast, although a little overwhelming at first you'll get your wings a lot faster this way.

duke

Quick USMC airframe question: After primary, if you are selected for jets, when will you know what location you'll be assigned to? In other words, do you pick airframe and location, or just airframe.
thanks

Jeff

TS is Total Sylabus, Going through Jet training in one airframe. They have done it a Kville for years but they just started doing it in Meridian with the T45C last year.

You find out airframe and where after you get your wings.

wareagle

i just want to know how long the trainning is for prop selects. i am currently flying the new T-6A Texan II at Moody AFB and i want the P-3.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Advanced training is conducted for P3 (Maritime) selects, at either VT31 or VT35 in Corpus Christi. T44/C12 (Beech King Air, and Super King Air) respectively. Training lasts roughly 5-6 months, depending on your pool wait, and of course the wait at the end for your "winging". You then transfer to VP30 at NAS Jax to learn to fly the P3 in the FRS. If you go VQ training lasts roughly 3.5 months, if you go VP, training lasts roughly 6 months. Either after advanced, or after the FRS you will attend SERE, that will last two weeks.

At the completion of your FRS training you will report to your Fleet squadron, you will arrive as a designated 3P or third pilot. You will do a series of introductory flights depending on your command in addition to your syllabus flights. At the completion of those first two flights (command dependent) you will be authorized to be in the seat with passengers or full tactical crew embarked. The upgrading syllabus is comprised of roughly 15 FAM flights, 5 SIM events, and a series of TAC/WST, NAV and station flights. It is essentially a repeat of what you just did at the FRS and you end up doing PQS (getting signatures) for all your briefed events before hand. Your goal is to make 2P in 9-12 months. After your FLY8, you are board eligible. Your 2P board is an oral board where you get asked any and all systems questions, and can last from 3-4.5 hours, depending on how well you do. You will be required to extensively describe the electrical, prop, fuel, and engine systems in depth. And will be expected to restate verbatim any and all emergency or "lights" thrown at you. This will also include OPNAV 3710 and other pubs, so don't forget your filing criteria, etc!

After that, you get a month long breather, if you are lucky! Then you start the whole process over to upgrade to Patrol Plane Commander (PPC). This is where you study all the tactics of the platform you are flying. Your milestone is to complete the flights and be ready for your board (3-4 hour sweatex on tactics) in 18-20 months. There are 3 SIM events, and 6 FAM flights, and numerous TAC events. Your last flight of which is with your CO, and a one on one personal evaluation of your plane handling skills and whether or not he trusts you to fly his aircraft, ie run the show both tactically and manage the flight station.

After all that upgrading, you thought you were done, right? You can work on three other quals, at the discrection of the CO, Functional Check Pilot (FCF), Mission Commander (MC), and finally Instructor Pilot (IP). IP in and of itself has a whole series of flights and sims associated with it.

Whew, hope that explains the path, at least for a VP pilot for you. I am personally about to have my PPC board, and my last flights, but still have MUCH more studying to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.