• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/Homesick?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Everyone is bound to miss home from time to time. I never left Wisconsin except for vacations until I joined up. I've had a blast in the Navy and made a bunch of new friends. Oh, and you'll quickly realize home changes while you're gone. It's never quite the same as you left it. Time to decide what is most important to you. You can't have your cake and eat it too in the Navy.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Everyone is bound to miss home from time to time. I never left Wisconsin except for vacations until I joined up. I've had a blast in the Navy and made a bunch of new friends. Oh, and you'll quickly realize home changes while you're gone. It's never quite the same as you left it. Time to decide what is most important to you. You can't have your cake and eat it too in the Navy.

You're doing it wrong then. :D

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
[beer rant]
I'm going to be contrary here because that is the mood I'm in tonight........

26 years old, already did a tour of active duty, and worried about being homesick? Grow some balls and sack the fuck up.

[/beer rant]

+1...said it all for me!!
icon14.gif

jtmedli

pilot
[beer rant]
I'm going to be contrary here because that is the mood I'm in tonight........

26 years old, already did a tour of active duty, and worried about being homesick? Grow some balls and sack the fuck up.

[/beer rant]

I'm with HAL Pilot...or not. Just stay at home with Mommy and Daddy and wonder what life as a Naval Aviator would be like.

A7Dave

pilot
YGTBSM! There is only one way to be pilot and that is to make whatever sacrifice you need to get the job done. If you want to be a homebody, forget it. There needs to be one burning goal in your life. Having been prior enlisted, I can't believe this is an issue for you. Cowboy up, man, and don't look back or forget it. There are too many guys and gals that will gladly take your place and leave you on the beach if you are moping in your BOQ room, pining for the homelife.

I have plenty of friends who always start the conversation with "well, if only I had........ - I would have gone to flight school....." etc, etc. WELL, THEY DIDN'T! They whined and moaned and came up with excuses and didn't become a Naval Aviator. They may have a nice life, great wife and kids, but THEY AREN'T PILOTS. On the other hand, the folks that did make the sacrifices and busted their ass and became aviators, well, most of them have wife and kids, too. But they are AVIATORS. Make the commitment or forget it. Don't waste your or our (instructor's) time.

badger16

None
(Steps on soapbox) It's been said above but I want to emphasize it, don't be the dude at your hometown bar that starts every conversation with..."I could've done...If i'd only..." It's bullshit. You (not OP gut the general you) didn't because you were too worried about being comfortable. Can't spend your life waiting to live man (which you should already know being a prior) get out there and make it F*cking happen! (Steps off soapbox)

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you guys to snap me out of it.. I'm actually just as excited as I was prior to this BS getting in the way.

In my defense,
For the first time since I was 18, I've been living at home again with family for the last 4 months so I guess I just got stuck in some comfort zone like you guys mentioned.. And you're all right, If I did pass the opportunity up I'd regret it 10 yrs from now...

Look forward to serving in the U.S. Navy as an officer and Pilot! The Navy seems more challenging and exciting than the Air Force anyway.

cbaker

Of coarse we're harder and more exciting. We also know how to go out and play hard.

You made a great decision to serve your country, but made a bad decision in choosing the Air Force. Now you are correcting that bad decision. :)

Good luck and way to Harden the F*** up.