• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Phrogs Phorever

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Concur w/ wanting to phly Phrogs, but what, pray tell, is it going to take to make you happy, JoSpotter?

To not have to do tactics. But like sex with Kobe Bryant.... like it or not, it's GOING To happen!

P.S. I hate LVL III

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
^ you know it sounds like you're now asking for 12 hours of vertrep....

on a second note - you can be a HAC and not level III complete?

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
WTF??? Are they being used as MANPAD decoys for USMC birds or something?

But if you have to set down, you may be on your own... If there happens to be some ISAF forces near by, they may come to help, but you can't expect the calvary if bad things start happening!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
^ you know it sounds like you're now asking for 12 hours of vertrep....

on a second note - you can be a HAC and not level III complete?

I'm curious about that too. I was a HAC and then made Level III (I think that's the order it went in), but that was a long time ago when the unified ACTC syllabus was coming online. I thought everybody did their Level III stuff before their designation, now. Otto, do you know if that's a squadron specific thing or just how HSC does it?

But if you have to set down, you may be on your own... If there happens to be some ISAF forces near by, they may come to help, but you can't expect the calvary if bad things start happening!

I can't speak for this company, but I know other PMC companies have a "substantial" recovery plan for its employees should they have the above issue.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I'm curious about that too. I was a HAC and then made Level III (I think that's the order it went in), but that was a long time ago when the unified ACTC syllabus was coming online. I thought everybody did their Level III stuff before their designation, now. Otto, do you know if that's a squadron specific thing or just how HSC does it?

I'm out of the mix a bit, but LVL III for HSC is not one unifying warfare qual like it was in HSM. Based on det/squadron needs, there are different qual requirements. The syllabus has multiple different warfare quals: ASU, PR, SOF, etc. Not sure of the specific T&R metrics the fleet is using, but as an example, if you're going on a USNS det with no armed helos, then you'd only get trained in SOF to cover HVBSS, etc. It's a way to train guys to a needed baseline but not waste flight hours on unnecessary quals/areas.

How people are designated varies from squadron to squadron (or did a few years ago, not sure if it still does). You could be a HAC and not a LVL III. That meant you could still take guys to the boat for DLQs, vertrep, do a PMC flight, do planeguard, etc. Since a lot of the syllabus is geared towards form flights, it makes sense. Based on timing, performance, etc you could have guys who didn't get LVL III yet could still deploy. If the balloon went up, they'd be relegated to CP. For awhile my old squadron required LVL III before HAC, but then the CO changed and guys got to make HAC before LVL III. The idea was you could make a guy a HAC at 500hrs and he could do all the "HC" missions, get A time towards the FCP qual and then worry about ACTC when the squadron had the bandwidth to train him.

Otto, get your training like a professional aviator and quit your public whining. It's unbecoming of an officer and shows no understanding of where the community is going or what the Navy needs us to do.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What is this thing you call "HSM?" My life only goes by at 128 Kilobytes at a time.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
100 Phrog hours. And you work in Ops?

fail-owned-helicopter-ride-sign-fail.jpg

The "Ops Flying Club" isn't real. Promise.

KBayDog

The "Ops Flying Club" isn't real. Promise.

Oh, I got it: You're the Ground Training/SORTS guy. "Ops Lite," if you will. You're the guy who gets the high bird co-pilot gig during TERF training.

Trust me, bro - the Ops Flying Club is for real. Fo' real.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Guy I flew with in my LE air support unit just took a helo job with Dyncorp in Iraq. He was a retired commander of a suburban police aviation unit. Got a job as an instructor and demo pilot for MD helicopters and came over to volunteer with the sheriffs office flying LE missions. High time CFII with most time in MD-500s. Never was military, LE all the way. His Dyncorp gig is something like two months in country and three weeks home. He is still planning on flying the volunteer LE missions when home. I don't know what he is coming home but look forward to flying with him when he comes back and hearing about the new job.