• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Phrogs Phorever

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Dangelingduo.jpg

03/05/2010
DANGLING DUO
U.S. Marines fast rope from a CH-46E Sea Knight helicopter during operations on the flight deck of the amphibious assault ship USS Essex in the Pacific Ocean, Feb. 28, 2010. The Marines are assigned to Battalion Landing Team 2nd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit. U.S. Marine Corps photo by Staff Sgt. Leo A. Salinas

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
071214-M-7747B-011.jpg

PASS OVER
A CH-46E Sea Knight helicopter with Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 166 (REIN), 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable) passes over the Laamu Atoll, Maldives Dec. 14, 2007. Marines and sailors with Combat Logistics Battalion 11 and Battalion Landing Team 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 11th MEU (SOC), have been conducting bi-lateral training at Regimental Headquarters Kadhoo with the 20th Special Task Force, Maldivian National Defense Force.
U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Scott M. Biscuiti

phrogpilot73

Love it when you come into an airfield and the tower says "Report three down and locked."

I always respond with "Three down and welded."

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
phrogs.jpg
So I was perusing planecrazy and I saw one of my old det patches. USS NASSAU SARDET 02-03 "Phrogs Forever." One of my crew chiefs came up with the idea and I cut and pasted a pair of phrogs from an Approach article (with scissors and glue) and then another crew chief digitized the image. Damn, maybe we should have trademarked the thing so we could be getting a cut from that 9.99 a pop they're charging!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Love it when you come into an airfield and the tower says "Report three down and locked."

I always respond with "Three down and welded."

Or if you pay close enough attention to their wording, and hear "check gear down", you simply ignore their lame AF shenanigans... :)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Well..... Air Force regulations can stand or fall on their own merits and I think the "three down and welded" response is actually pretty funny (I've always chickened out of saying it), but I'm pretty sure I remember in the late 1990s Corpus, Pensacola, and Whiting each having a gear-up incident in the space of 1-2 years, all three occurring at non-Air Force fields, and all three because of pilot error.

Just sayin' :)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Or if you pay close enough attention to their wording, and hear "check gear down", you simply ignore their lame AF shenanigans... :)

They DO say "report 3 down and locked," and BTW they say it at one Marine Corps Air Station that I know of, at a minimum.

slug

They DO say "report 3 down and locked," and BTW they say it at one Marine Corps Air Station that I know of, at a minimum.

MCAS Cherry Point called "report gear down and locked" circa 2001. We had skids.

Course now before landing we confirm that our wheels are down 7 times by the check-list. Seven's a good number.

phrogpilot73

And that's the place that really irks me when I hear it. It's like the body's not even cold yet... In a little over 4 years at the River, I never ONCE heard it - now if I come down I hear it EVERY time! C'mon, it's not like you've never seen them before. So, I make sure to report 3 down and welded to them...