• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola for IFS/API

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
If you disagree, how about giving a reason... ?
BzB
Well, only because I made that mistake about 9 years ago? Wow, it has been a while . . . However, not entirely a mistake, it does provide a small insight into my past, but a lot of people mistake the 'spyguy' part with secret squirrel club stuff and not the AN-SPY-1B radar that I worked on .

Johny0nThaSp0t

pilot
Perdido sounds legit
Live in Perdido. Its over 35 miles from Whiting. This allows you to legally break your lease when you PCA up there. So, live on the beach for a couple months. Ok, so there are only a couple bars. Make friends and make those bars fun. YOUR ON THE BEACH.

TxSNA2013

So…none of these meet your standard?
1. FutureBlueAngel
2. NASA HereICome
3. TestPilot4Sure
4. CNO2035
5. 1stOnMars
6. SendMiGsMyWay
7. AceOfTheBase
8. Jetz4Sure

lol... I made this account when i was in college, so yeah obviously i plan on changing it. Im swamped with a lot of different things right now though and changing my username is the LAST thing on my mind.

Still havnt decided on a place to live yet though... going to have 2 room mates so im looking to save some money really.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
lol... I made this account when i was in college, so yeah obviously i plan on changing it. Im swamped with a lot of different things right now though and changing my username is the LAST thing on my mind.

Still havnt decided on a place to live yet though... going to have 2 room mates so im looking to save some money really.

First world problems, bro.

Get down there, look around with your bros, move into whatever place suits you that you can afford. There is a real danger to living too far from work, but then there are advantages to living close to fun...

Personally, I love the walk to fun and commute to work idea.

TxSNA2013

Im BDCP and I have maxed out my allowed leave.. is there a rule of thumb for how long youre allowed to take leave in between duty stations?

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I lived on perdido during API, moved to an awesome condo downtown for whiting primary. Drive was about 30-40 to and from work, BUT I was in walking distance to everything, food, bars, you name it. I would not want to commute for fun things to do.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Im BDCP and I have maxed out my allowed leave.. is there a rule of thumb for how long youre allowed to take leave in between duty stations?

I nuked the shit out of this and stressed myself to go direct to PCola after OCS. Ended up you are just a small cog in the machine and no one really cares when you get there. As long as you report before the NLT date on the orders, technically you're good. Take leave when they offer it (Christmas time or 96s), during your pool times, and between stations. It gets harder and harder to take leave during fleet time.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot

Good advice above, but anything in excess of your travel and proceed days will be charged as regular leave. Look at your orders and see how much travel and proceed is allowed. If you don't want to go "in the hole", then don't take any more than those days. The only reason I would take leave in Pensacola in the summertime is if I was going out of bounds to visit family. If you wait until the last day to show up on your orders, you may be shocked at the leave balance on your next LES. You should be looking forward to a nice, long wait to start IFS and API with minimal adult supervision. You are getting paid to sit on your ass. This will be one of the last opportunities. Cherish it.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

Generally, up to 30 days is authorized on a PCS move, as long as you can still make your NLT date. I'll echo the above sentiments, though. Do whatever you want to do prior to checking in, but you're getting paid to sit around at a beach with minimal work or supervision. Take a trip or do something fun if you're going to burn leave. Once you get all settled in, if you want to go find yourself kayaking in whitewater rapids or something, you can always drop a chit if you're still sitting around in a pool.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
As far as the leave thing goes, I would max out whatever you have on the books vs what you're allowed, whichever is the limiting factor. I don't know about other guys squadrons, but I'm sitting here with 74 days on the books at the end of april, and have 11.5 of use or lose with a freakin busy schedule between now and July. I of course received a phone call while at SERE saying we need you at the squadron now! Upon reporting I was placed in port/stbd SDO watch because three dets were out, and one on a gator while having wing duty at the same time. While my situation may be unique, there will not be a lot of time to take leave outside of POM and holiday periods, and don't be surprised if you're deployed during holiday periods making POM the only time to really take leave. That's my experience, and I'm sure others have had different ones than me. So, I say take all the leave you can/want to when able.