• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola BOQ - Full or Not?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There is a microwave. It's not a perfect solution, but it beats endless fast food.

war eagle

I went to get my orders stamped at the BOQ last Thursday and the lady had the stamp of nonavailability in her hand before I could even get my orders out of my notebook....

I was at PSD this morning and I'll just put it this way - if you want to live off base, it's most likely going to work out in your favor that you'll draw BAH. There are some people who are choosing to live in the BOQ though... mostly SNA's I think. That's just my two cents...

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
On the subject of BOQs, does Corpus have a BOQ? Do they require residence in it or is it just for transient housing?

USF_Bull

I went to get my orders stamped at the BOQ last Thursday and the lady had the stamp of nonavailability in her hand before I could even get my orders out of my notebook....

I was at PSD this morning and I'll just put it this way - if you want to live off base, it's most likely going to work out in your favor that you'll draw BAH. There are some people who are choosing to live in the BOQ though... mostly SNA's I think. That's just my two cents...

On the topic of BAH..what is it for P'cola?

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
We have clearance, Clarence.Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?Tower Radio, clearance, over.That's 'Clarence Oveur', over.Roger.Huh?Roger, over.What?Huh?Who?

ufnavy06

None
So what's the deal with the SNFO/SNA living in the BOQ? Also I hear from several friends that you can get per diem while there with follow on orders. I actually was redesignated via a strike board??? (to SNFO or SNA, no one can give me a definite answer) after nuclear power school didn't work out. I'm in the process of hopefully getting my orders written after NR releases me. I hope to be in Pcola in Aug time frame but I'm not sure. I just want to get going with my career as I'll have 2 years in come Dec. Based on what I was reading here, it seems it's hit or miss as to if you stay in the BOQ or live out on town.

mcaggie07

None
As a recent attrite from the hell hole of Nuke School I can tell you the NFOs are PCS'd here and dont have to worry about living in the Q. You do get 10 days at the Q that the Navy will pay for...after that your on your own (BAH). I did run into some resistance getting my orders stamped at the Q...The ladies at the front desk did not understand that I PCS'd the Pcola. Had to talk to the right person. I really dont know much about the SNA road. Most people have been saying its hit or miss with the front desk.

IrishEagle85

So let me ask this question, and please forgive me my naivety.

Is there any real disadvantage to living in the Q for the duration of IFS and API? What are the disadvantages and advantages of each option (living in the Q or living off base)? It seems to me living on base would give me easier, shorter, and quicker access to base facilities (gym, fitness trails, pool, school) where I could possibly even ride my bike to evolutions instead of driving. Plus, I wouldn't have to deal with hassles such as keeping track of utility bills, or worrying about how much electricity I'm consuming with A/C.

I have already made my 10 day reservations for the BOQ for when I get down there later this week, but I was wondering if anyone could clue me in on what's so bad about living in the BOQ.

Thanks,
Dave