• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola BOQ - Full or Not?

USF_Bull

So I know that the first wave of Spring Commissionees are scheduled to report in tomorrow morning. If you're in that wave and single, can you let us know what the current situation is with the BOQ? Are we required to live there or were you able to get a non-availability stamp?

Thanks!

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Smart guy, trying to play the wait and see if he can sneak out of the Q...

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
I never lived on campus for college, but after I finished, I coulnd't help but think I would have made better grades had I lived in the dorm. If anything else, just because of the close proximity to the library, study groups, and labs.

Is living in the "Q" kind of the same situation? Is it easier to get into SIMS or are those scheduled and limited? Sorry for the threadjack, but would someone possibly be prone to making better grades if they lived on base?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I never lived on campus for college, but after I finished, I coulnd't help but think I would have made better grades had I lived in the dorm. If anything else, just because of the close proximity to the library, study groups, and labs.

Is living in the "Q" kind of the same situation? Is it easier to get into SIMS or are those scheduled and limited? Sorry for the threadjack, but would someone possibly be prone to making better grades if they lived on base?

I suppose if you lived in the Q up at Whiting, you'd have better access to using the Sims for practice. You'll use them during BIs and RIs when they have free slots open. Often times those open slots arent until the later hours i.e. after dinner. I always did my best to hit the practice slots early in the day because I lived 35 minutes away. If I lived on base I'd be more willing to hit them up at night for some extra practice. It's also more sleep during primary/advanced. I wouldnt see any advantage to living in the BOQ at NAS Pensacola, though. If you can't learn that material on your own time....you never will.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

He's talking about the Q for API.....I seriously doubt living on base would have much effect on your API grades, except maybe being closer to class by a few minutes

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
He's talking about the Q for API.....I seriously doubt living on base would have much effect on your API grades, except maybe being closer to class by a few minutes

Haha, yeah, I totally agree. I addressed that in the second part of my statement. The only area where it'd be better is in the sleep department! When things get turned up 10 notches in Primary, then it'd be more convenient to live on base.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
so I guess this means I need to come early to find a parking space then, huh?

I'm tempted to go over to the auditorium tomorrow morning with a clip board (cause anyone who has a clip board must have some authority) and tell all the new check ins that they all must live in the Q, they will all go to IFS in bay minette, will not get any reimbursement for their travel, api will take 2 weeks at 18 hours a day, they will all go to vance, and only 1% of them will get jets, and if they don't like that, they will be put on QD watch...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm tempted to go over to the auditorium tomorrow morning with a clip board (cause anyone who has a clip board must have some authority) and tell all the new check ins that they all must live in the Q, they will all go to IFS in bay minette, will not get any reimbursement for their travel, api will take 2 weeks at 18 hours a day, they will all go to vance, and only 1% of them will get jets, and if they don't like that, they will be put on QD watch...

hahahaha that would be amazing.....i'd pay to watch that :D

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None

QD watch alone is enough to make you question your desire to be an aviator...one hell of a right of passage

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Well, as of yesterday, it all depends on who you talk to. They have availability but some of the ladies at the front desk were still giving non-availability stamps. There was not a choice when I checked in later on in the afternoon.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot

Awesome. I remember my API check in. There were three ensigns telling us to fill out all these forms and they were total jackasses about it. I found out the next day that they were all NPQ'd and had been working for flight management for a year. I understand that it would make you bitter, but come on, no need to be tools to your fellow ensigns. Now just plain lying to scare everyone, that's funny.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Sorry guys, I didn't end up doing it. I was too happy to be done with academics to care.

And to QD watch being a right of passage, I don't think I would call it that. I would more compare it to being alex trebeck, but not given any of the answers ...