• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Peachtree City Airshow Pics (56k, watch out!)

gtg941f

pilot
Had a good time today. Got a little burned, but it was fun. :D
I really wanted to see the Goshawk fly as I've never seen/heard one in person but no luck today :(

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Grampaw Pettibones: "Criminy...them folks was practically standin' on the freakin' taxiway adjacent to your jets just shakin' FOD all over the place."

So much for FAA show lines and safety corridors. Funny actually seeing people on the taxiways with kids in their arms, etc...

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Them Eagle drivers look like a bunch of damned hotdoggers and showboats.

MarineAir

Future Naval Aviator
Cool pics. I saw the same airshow when they were here at Westover Air Reserve Base in Westfield,ma. The Goshawks were static displays, but I hung around long enough to see then take off to leave on the final day. Had a nice chat with the SNA and IP.

gtg941f

pilot
Yeah, they were really relaxed about where you can and cannot stand. Was kind of nice for a change.

The f-86 was awesome as usual (i love seeing that a/c).

Since I'm in the process of applying I caught myself covering my ears on the high speed passes b/c I know that I need to pass the hearing test. :) I wouldn't normally, but the hornet kept getting a little too close to the speed of sound on high speed passes to the point where the mach wave was clearly visible. Didn't feel like experiencing an 'accident' and blowing my hearing.

MarineAir

Future Naval Aviator
Since I'm in the process of applying I caught myself covering my ears on the high speed passes b/c I know that I need to pass the hearing test. I wouldn't normally, but the hornet kept getting a little too close to the speed of sound on high speed passes to the point where the mach wave was clearly visible. Didn't feel like experiencing an 'accident' and blowing my hearing.
I feel your pain:) In my case, it was those damn F-15's. they were probably a 1000ft? above the deck doing high G-turns on full afterburners. Great crowd pleaser but not good for those of us who need to pass a hearing test someday

gtg941f

pilot
oh yeah, i meant to ask: what's the deal with the Goshawk having VT-7 on one side but VT-9 on the other?

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
ah Falcon Field, where I learned how to fly

its nice seeing the PTC airshow getting bigger, one year we had the Snowbirds there, that was pretty cool

wonder if my folks were there

gtg941f

pilot
Punk said:
ah Falcon Field, where I learned how to fly

its nice seeing the PTC airshow getting bigger, one year we had the Snowbirds there, that was pretty cool

wonder if my folks were there

yeah, that's my friends local airport (the yellow RB-6 is his plane). It's a really nice little field. Beautiful day too! :icon_smil