• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P3's and EA-6 in Portland IAP

retnavycpo

I need to add my two cents worth. With regard to the sound that the A-6 Intruders made, it was considerable.

When onboard any aircraft carrier, if you were walking in the hangar, and an Intruder went off the waist cat.....You had better have earplugs in, or you would be in a world of hurt. The sound of Intruders launching was enough to shake your teeth..... I am not kidding.

Navy Chief

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I need to add my two cents worth. With regard to the sound that the A-6 Intruders made, it was considerable.

When onboard any aircraft carrier, if you were walking in the hangar, and an Intruder went off the waist cat.....You had better have earplugs in, or you would be in a world of hurt. The sound of Intruders launching was enough to shake your teeth..... I am not kidding.

Navy Chief
Intruder LSO's .... know any( :eek:?) .... were some of the first of the hearing-challenged Naval Aviators and Officers to be represented as a group. In fact -- some of our "ticks" and "habits" were later seen on the silver screen in various roles and guises ...

"...Are you lookin' at me?" ARE YOU looking' at ME??" "ARE YOU TALKIN' to me ..." ??? Those were some of my favorites .... :)

I heard Travis Bickle was one of the first LSO's to go bad ... and all due to hearing disabilities. Tsk, tsk ... where was ADA when WE needed help .. ???!!

taxidriverdh1.jpg

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Are you applying to the 174th FW? Hopefully you read the fine print in regards to FY2010.

Yes and No, my old man was one of the Boys from Syracuse for many years (27 to be exact). I am trying to go where the airplanes with people in them are. With the first delivery of Reapers now scheduled to take place in 2011, there may be hope yet (They date keeps getting pushed back every few months). They are basically telling the new guys, " Hey, we are stuck here, but you are/will be a new guy with low hours in the Viper. We will do everything we can to get you transfered to another unit." After all, what unit wouldn't want a basically home grown guy that they don't have to spend the money on to send to UPT? In fact, when Niagara Falls unit when from Vipers to C-130s, a lot of the O-3s and below went to other fighter units. The trick is to get in before the conversion takes place.

fudog50

Swanee,

Good call on the Guard and AF pledges.

That way it will only take you 3 years to get the same flight hours as a Hornet or Prowler pilot gets in 1 six month cruise!