• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3's

Status
Not open for further replies.

elise22

The more people I talk to the more I lean towards P3s. The plane and the lifestyle sound great.

By the way, I saw you mention Mauritius earlier in the forum...I am actually there right now, have been here since July. My parents live in Mauritius, it is great, summer here, so I am enjoying a bit of sun and sea prior to OCS.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Pick me up some polo shirts for me while you are there please.
icon_smile.gif

I had a lot of fun while there, unfortunately, only for 3 days, but hey, in the middle of deployment that was a blast.

grouch

How was the fishing? You were there three days, you had plenty of time to fish....tell me you went fishing.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Nope, I went sailing at the resort we were at, interspersed with lounging at the beach during the day, and drinking and going out (eating well at some fine dining establishments) at night. Was a good time, no joking about the polo shirts, Mauritius is like the place where most are made, I got 10 button down polo shirts (long sleeve) for like $8-12 a piece after the exchange rate. Always fun to bargain and haggle with the locals, they tell you a price, you go into a shock and immediately start walking out of their store, then the scream at you that they have a better price, and you go from there. Much fun, wish more of that was in the US, I guess the only fun you are going to experience with that is a swap meet or buying a new car (but we all know they don't play fair, bad car salesman, bad, bad, bad!, also fun walking out of a dealership yelling "highway robbery" at the top of your lungs).

elise22

Sorry to say grouch that I have only been fishing once this trip - caught a needle fish. Although the fishing is incredible here. For a long time the record for the largest marlin ever caught was held by a Mauritian on the west coast. Even thougth I haven't done a lot of fishing, I have been in the water doing lots of boating, off-shore skiing (monoskiing with a 7ft, thick, wooden ski, outside the reefs), a little wakeboarding, snorkeling, and I am trying to get scuba certified before I leave.

The polos are seriously cheap here and it is even easier to bargin if you can speak a little creole, unfortuantely they always seem to realize I am a native english speaker, which works against me.

John, which resort did you stay at or where in the island did you stay? I would probably know the area or resort since the island is about 30x40mi.

Status
Not open for further replies.