• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oshkosh 2008

HuggyU2

None
OK, who's going?
If anyone's interested, I'm looking to trade some of my old ascots for one of them Naval A-V-A-Tor jackets with all the patches on them,.... especially the ones that say "Top Nugget" and that sort of stuff.

Seriously, though, who will be there this year?
Badger, you don't have a hair on your ass if you don't at least ASK for leave.

FelixTheGreat

World's greatest pilot and occasional hero
pilot
I was thinking about taking a 182 out there this year. Hopefully they'll have a good show this year.

el douge

This one time at band camp...
You know I'll be there this year huggy! Don't forget every night after the show, head down to my grandfather's bar Herbie's Acee Ducee for cocktails and dinner. I'll be there most nights...probably drinking sambuca with huggy again!

Hope to see some of you there!

El

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
I'm going to the show for my cross country. Going to have a T-6 Texan II on static along with a T-39 from VT-86. There is going to be myself (SNFO in intermediate) and several SNFO's in advanced along with at least two instructors. Feel free to swing on by!

We'll be there from tomorrow afternoon through sunday afternoon

badger16

None
Afraid I'm going to have to miss out. Sorry Huggy. API calls. Heard you brought the 2 seat this time. Did more of your buddies wanted to come this year? Just try to keep those AF pilots with the Billybob teeth under control at the Ducee and have El Douge buy you a beer for me!

spitfiremkxiv

Pepe's sandwich
Contributor
If you are a pilot and you aren't having fun at Oshkosh, you're in the wrong line of work, and you're a helplessly horrible person who deserves a miserable life.

I'm a tad jealous all of you sneaking a free ride to the flight line. Don't you feel like you're getting away with something?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
When is it? And how hard would it be to get a Rhino in there?

badger16

None
^^^ It is going on this weekend. Rhino's are there every year. Not sure about the details but I know they are on display. Wish they would have a Rhino demo team come.

hokieav8r

~Bring the Wood!~
None
I'm jealous, y'all. My flying club did a trip up there. Can't get a Cross country with the Longbow approved from here! Enjoy the show!

el douge

When is it? And how hard would it be to get a Rhino in there?

I'm not sure what it takes to get them here but if you can, fly in! I was there all day yesterday and the two rhino's that were there left at about noon. I'm not sure if anymore are coming or what. Across the runway where they keep the aircraft that aren't in air show center, there were what looked like two Top Gun hornets, two F-22's, 2 F-16's, a Prowler, and a MV-22 Osprey.
A two seat U-2 flew in at about 14:00. That was pretty neat. I didn't know they had a two seater.

el douge

No I talked to him the night before and he flew a T-38 in. The pilot's name was Mike. I can't remember his last name. The guy that road with him went by Cabby. Both really nice guys. I guess huggy is flying it out on Monday.