• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Options for Disassociated Tour

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
You're going to the boat. Embrace it now and life will be much easier.

AND Show up with your resignation letter in hand to minimize the flight currency gap you're about to experience, if you want to go to the airlines that is.

Sabre170

None
If you are going to finish your time and then get out - I recommend going to NECC. The RivRon units are a blast (I was at a MSRON on Guam before they merged with RivRon). That said, looking back I REALLY enjoyed my time on REAGAN. I was A-STRIKE and had a blast. OOD Underway was a awesome - don't listen to the Shooters. :).

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
There are plenty of non-boat disassociated options that can kee you on path for DH and possibly even CO. Overseas Flag aide, VPU, Dallas, SMTI, FSU (LSRS), etc.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
He's TACAMO. Pretty much the only option for us is the boat. Hence my earlier advice.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Check. An E-6 pilot buddy of mine did a flag aide tour in Korea and loved it.

Not saying it's the only option, but having just gone through the detailing process, I fought that battle and lost. I know a few guys with varying degrees of paper and they are all getting Heisman'd when they ask for non-boat orders.

Tiltedsky

pilot
NGLO tours (Naval Gunfire Liaison Officer) with the Marines sometimes involve a boat/deployment and sometimes do not, it depends on where the green side puts you after you check-in. I'm at II MEF now and we have NGLOs at ANGLICO that do short trips as needed and a few NGLOs like myself that are fighting the war on terror through powerpoint and excel for 11 hours a day. Certainly not career enhancing or easy/enjoyable but at least I'm stateside while I browse the "Help Wanted" ads....

Ventus

Weather Guesser
pilot
If you are going to finish your time and then get out - I recommend going to NECC. The RivRon units are a blast (I was at a MSRON on Guam before they merged with RivRon). That said, looking back I REALLY enjoyed my time on REAGAN. I was A-STRIKE and had a blast. OOD Underway was a awesome - don't listen to the Shooters. :).
That sounds awesome actually. Small boats > Big boats imo. Are those the only options inside of NECC that you can go for the Disassociated sea tour? Are we able to do Seabee or Diving unit assignments?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
That sounds awesome actually. Small boats > Big boats imo. Are those the only options inside of NECC that you can go for the Disassociated sea tour? Are we able to do Seabee or Diving unit assignments?

There are billets with Special Reconnaissance Teams running UAV dets, but they're few and far between.