• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Options for Disassociated Tour

navygent08

pilot
Does anyone know of any non-boat disassociated tours out there to finish off my time? I'm not afraid of the boat, but if I can find another duty, I want to try. I've still got about 6 months before I talk to the detailer regarding orders & want to see what I can work out before speaking with him/her. I'm an E6 guy and I'll have about 15 months between my PRD and the end of my commitment. Thanks!

navygent08

pilot
I agree if you have nothing but loose ends when you talk with the detailer. You can also have a solid plan (including another command requesting you personally), and still get the boat... however, I know it's possible. I've seen it done. I just want to see if anyone knew of more options.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I agree if you have nothing but loose ends when you talk with the detailer. You can also have a solid plan (including another command requesting you personally), and still get the boat... however, I know it's possible. I've seen it done. I just want to see if anyone knew of more options.

Yup. It has been done. You are right. Maybe if you gave us some more info. What do you WANT to do? I personally tried to get C-12s to Bahrain. (I'm in TAO school right now so you can guess how that worked out). I'm also a E-6 guy, so you know the same guys I do. Hell you and I may have crewed together before, so if I had better advice to give you I would. I got my hopes up about avoiding the boat and was disappointed in the end. Just trying to save you the trouble.

Good luck to you

Pags

N/A
pilot
Just remember that not all boat tours are equal both in how the company values them and how enjoyable/tolerable/bearable they are. I'm glad I was a Mini vice the SafetyO.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
There are slots for non-boat disassociated tours out there.

If you're a non-player (read: not FRS/WS) you will have to hunt them down yourself, and even then, the detailer can just say "that's nice, here's your boat."

Network, network, network. (It is probably too late to do this, but try anyway.) Talk with your fleet CO, any fleet mentors you have, etc. etc. Find out what they've heard of, or seen, or done.

If you still have a FLTMPS account, hop on there and start looking for 1310 O-3s with PRDs around yours.

Figure out what is out there, and be reasonable - you're going to go to a shitty place, but there are varying levels of shitty. You're (probably) not going to be a ROTC instructor, but the aforementioned C-12 Bahrain tour is out there, as are things like Gitmo station pilot.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
For non-carrier folks:

CSG 4 and 15 are the people who run exercises for CSGs in workups.

robav8r

None
Contributor
If you still have a FLTMPS account, hop on there and start looking for 1310 O-3s with PRDs around yours.
This advice can't be emphasized enough. I'd even look at other designators as well. Do the homework and find the billet before you call the detailer. There are some real gems out there . . . . . . .

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flag LT for a CSG commander as well, though that does involve deploying on said boat.