• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

one opinion.. world's top ten air forces

NightVisionPen

In transition
pilot
Wow, the US Air Force still has Phantoms? Apparently they have Tomcats too. I guess China and India fall into the 5% inaccuracy.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
"Russian AF has one of the best pilots in the world" - the rest, however, aren't worth a crap.

brownshoe

Contributor
The video also said that the USAF had the F14 Tomcat...kind of doubting the 95% accuracy level here.

Yeah, me too. Where’s HJ when ya need him?:D

Steve

(BzB... got the shirt on Wednesday. Very cool! I’ll send a picture soon. It’s been a very, very, strange week for me. I’ll call tomorrow, late afternoon, and explain. I'm off now for supper.)

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I flew F-4s in the reserves until mid-'81 and never saw a 104. In the USAF inventory, I think most were gone by 1970. If I remember correctly, the AF did send 1 squadron of 104s to Danang (supposedly for air defense purposes). They stayed a few months, saw there was nothing for them to do and the AF brought them home. Now 105s were a different story. Other than being very fast down low, I think they were built to boost the egos of other fighter pilots. It seemed we were always trapped in their six at a quarter mile when we fought AFR/ANG 105 squadrons. After watching A-4s turn inside you & F-15s out-accelerate you going up, it was nice to find someone you could outturn - even in level flight. Your windscreen full of 105s was always a pleasant feeling.

ryan1234

Wow, the US Air Force still has Phantoms?

Yes, they actually do... just saw two land at Barksdale AFB a week or so ago. The one on the left was on its way to Tyndall to get shot down:( (QF-4Es)

barskdale041.jpg