• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Programs/Processing Chat Opportunity

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Folks,

Talking with my fellow OR colleague, we have considered the idea of having a 1/2 hour to an hour chat to address any issues you might have on officer programs, processing, medical, working with a recruiter, and final stages (FINSEL, etc.). Just getting a feeler right now, but the proposed time and date will be on a Sunday (date TBD) around the evening, let's say 1700 PST.

Let us know if you'd like to participate. If we get enough people, we'll make it happen. Looking forward to it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought about doing that back when I was still clued into recruiting but the forum software used back then didn't support chat. Yup, that's my story and I am sticking to it. Webmaster can confirm. Bugged him for chat for years just so I could counsel the AW wannabes. Probably why we have forum chat today. Yup, my idea, but stymied by webmaster's former cheap ass forum software. I'll let you kids take it from here.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is a seriously good idea. Is there a better way to promote it? How about an ad or mast head announcement?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I can send a forum wide announcement. Will do that after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Lets go ahead and schedule for 15 Sept (Sunday) at 1700 PST. Decent time for those out east, in between, and on the west coast. And it gives people time to prepare questions or simply save some time to join the chat. Appreciate it!

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Will the transcript (chat log?) be available and searchable on the site? I think the most valuable aspect of the 'asynchronous' chat by forum post/response is that it creates an ever-growing knowledge base for those of us willing to "utilize the search function" that comes so highly recommended. Of course, sometimes you get old or inconsistent gouge that way, so I can also see the value of an immediate-feedback chat session with a practicing professional.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
I personally think that creating a new thread would work better than using the chat feature. You can utilize the reply feature so that Q&A's are organized better and aren't spread around at will. Also, this would negate the need to copy to a word doc or other archive as it will be available like any other thread.

Maybe I'm missing the point of this, but how does this "chat opportunity" differ from anything else on this forum. If I have questions, I'm going to ask them now in a thread on this forum (as I assume is the whole purpose of this site) rather than waiting for a designated time frame to ask a designated user.

Please don't take this as me being disrespectful or putting off the knowledge I'm sure is very helpful to future/current sailors, I'm just not understanding the concept as to how this is any different than the rest of this site.