• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 09 Boards

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I've seen results back from the board in a few days, and others take 1-2 weeks. I don't think that 2-3 weeks is the case despite the military being all about "hurry up and wait". Hopefully its closer to a week for your my sake and everybody else who applied.

awesome, appreciate the help. good luck!

caballo

Alright gentlemen (and ladies of course), the boards are meeting today and the next few days. So good luck! Im sure whoever-you-pray-to's inbox is overloaded with our requests for pro-recs. I'm hoping to get SWO (my only community). Let's hope we hear some good news within the next few days.

BTP1368

Pro-Rec SWO!!!
Damn Caballo, you beat me to it hahaha. Is this your second time applying? Good luck everybody.

Grizzly, post some stats por favor.

Grizzly

Passed MEPs

Duke thank you for your advice! Today my goal was to be Mr. Grey and not stand out during the ortho exam, it worked, anyways MEPs was long and I had to get an xray, which added a couple hours, but everything came back fine and I passed. Now I just have to wait for board results. Oh and BTP was there a place I was suppose to post an intro on the forum, or are you just curious?

zbeasley

Duke thank you for your advice! Today my goal was to be Mr. Grey and not stand out during the ortho exam, it worked, anyways MEPs was long and I had to get an xray, which added a couple hours, but everything came back fine and I passed. Now I just have to wait for board results. Oh and BTP was there a place I was suppose to post an intro on the forum, or are you just curious?

I think it's more of an unwritten rule that if you're going to boards you let the other members of AW know your stats: Age, ASTB score, GPA (major optional), what type of program you're hoping to get into, etc., etc. Basically, it's your qualifications in a nutshell. If you look at some earlier posts on this page you'll see a ton.

Bottom line, we'd just like to know more about you.

hope this helps.

Grizzly

Ok

ASTB: 7/7/8 58
Program: SNA/NFO/SWO
MEPs and PFT: Completed
GPA: Not sure, 3.5 from community college with 30 credits and a 3.77 from Michigan State University with about 60 credits. I'm in the college of natural science focusing on Zoology and pre-med.

I'll post if I get selected or not.

BTP1368

Pro-Rec SWO!!!

Hey Grizzly,

zbeasley pretty much summed it up. I was just curious, and I'm sure other people were too. Congrats on passing MEPS, and good luck at the boards.

BTP1368

caballo

Damn Caballo, you beat me to it hahaha. Is this your second time applying? Good luck everybody.

Grizzly, post some stats por favor.

No this is actually my first try. Hopefully it will be the only one I will have to wait on. Good luck to you too.

smith1787

Future SNFO
I have a friend who is going to finish her criminal justice degree in December and is planning to put together an OCS package. Does anyone have any advice on things she should have in her package that will make it stronger or just any real advice for her before she enters into this long process.
thanks.

jarhead2b

BDCP September/October Who Knows?

SNA Only
7/8/7 49

3.75 GPA University of Houston at Victoria
Business Administration

4 Years USMC Infantryman 3x Combat Tours Iraq (Honorable Dis.)

Current Airline Pilot Express Jet
4000 hrs
Commercial Pilot Single/Multi Engine
Certified Flight Instructor/CFII/MEI 1000 hrs given

Several Charitable Organization Involvement

Hope we all find out soon!

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
BDCP September/October Who Knows?

SNA Only
7/8/7 49

3.75 GPA University of Houston at Victoria
Business Administration

4 Years USMC Infantryman 3x Combat Tours Iraq (Honorable Dis.)

Current Airline Pilot Express Jet
4000 hrs
Commercial Pilot Single/Multi Engine
Certified Flight Instructor/CFII/MEI 1000 hrs given

Several Charitable Organization Involvement

Hope we all find out soon!

strong package man... especially since the awards window of your DD-214 is going to be full of at least 10 or 11 given your deployments I'm sure. I guess I'm not the only leatherneck putting up a package :) Good luck brother.

@ Grizzly - You're stats are actually pretty good in my opinion, and your medical is good to go so hey, just a matter of time.

SDPilot6

Does anyone know, or can even take a guess, how many pilot slots are open for how many people? Does anyone have statistics from around this time in '08?

kd5pbo

I have a friend who is going to finish her criminal justice degree in December and is planning to put together an OCS package. Does anyone have any advice on things she should have in her package that will make it stronger or just any real advice for her before she enters into this long process.
thanks.

Be patient and be proactive.