• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 09 Boards

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I really feel bad for all you guys in this month AND september. This would be killing me, but it took my entire process 10 months from start until Pro-Rec, so I do know the feeling to a point.

Good luck to all of you guys and if you haven't, the selection stats for the most recent SNA/NFO/SWO board (August 2009) were posted. They're under my name so you can search my posts to find them in the August Board thread.

niktam

reposted from august, turns out im now in october, or "september" not terrible sure, but this is when I am getting looked at.

Applying: SNA

7 years active
AE2(AW/SW)

ASTB: 5/5/5/53

School: 3.78 GPA Saint Leo Univesity Crim justice / Homeland Security.

Interviews: 4 0-5's, 2 0-4's all Tens. Range from OPS O's to XO/CO's of a few E-2 commands. and then the Squadron CO as well.

LORS: 3 0-6 USN, 1 DCAG, 1 CAG, 1 skipper of a big base all former squadron CO's.

Evals: MP/EP/EP

PRT: Good High/ Good High/ Excellent Low (swim swim run)

Extracurriculurs: Lots of volunteer work/coaching.

Special: Not a pilot but been turned E-2's and C-2's for three years now.
I think that covers it.

Rass

Two quick questions:

1.) Does anybody know if a "list" will be generated of who actually will be up for consideration in October. Said list would be beneficial for people very close to the cut-off in between two months.

2.) Any news if the board will be the 15th..... or 20th?

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
Two quick questions:

1.) Does anybody know if a "list" will be generated of who actually will be up for consideration in October. Said list would be beneficial for people very close to the cut-off in between two months.

1.) Our OSO's processor was able to log into the system when I asked today and tell me I am "at board" for all applied for. Check with yours. My package was submitted on the 21st.

2.) My OR sent out an e-mail earlier in the month atleast in regards to the SNA/NFO/SWO board, that it meets on the 20th. My other two boards (IW, Supply) meet typically later in the month so I would assume this still to be true, since they met for last month.

Hope thats helps.

zbeasley

Two quick questions:

I asked my recruiter if I was going to be seen by the October board and he said yes, I was ordered to the board (I'm assuming that means I'll be seen).

Either way, he too said the board was going to meet on the 20th.

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
Thanks Henderson, i will call my processor tomorrow.

In regards to questions like this, I definitely recommend contacting your processor first. I buttered mine up with "You are the hardest working woman I know, but if you get a second could you...." "I just want to follow the chain of command...". And she got back to me within 15 minutes. She also mentioned that jumping the line and calling straight to Millington was not a grand idea because when word gets back it doesn't make the applicant look good. She could have just been blowing smoke up my tush, but the job I needed done got done, so all is well.

Best of luck bro.

Grizzly

My First Boards

Hello,

This is my first post, and my first boards. Good luck to everyone who is looking to get a slot. I go to MEPS on Tuesday any advice?

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I'm also going up on the board on the 20th for SNA/SNFO, does anyone know how long it typically takes for your OR to hear back from them? I've heard 2-3 weeks.

flyboy

Information Warfare Ensign
I'm also going up on the board on the 20th for SNA/SNFO, does anyone know how long it typically takes for your OR to hear back from them? I've heard 2-3 weeks.

I've seen results back from the board in a few days, and others take 1-2 weeks. I don't think that 2-3 weeks is the case despite the military being all about "hurry up and wait". Hopefully its closer to a week for your my sake and everybody else who applied.

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
Hello,

This is my first post, and my first boards. Good luck to everyone who is looking to get a slot. I go to MEPS on Tuesday any advice?

In addition to the advice about the happy thoughts (easier said than done) - don't self-diagnose yourself. Unless you had an MD diagnose you with something, you have never had it. Certainly don't lie, but don't give them a reason to disqualify you, ie just because you have had headaches, doesn't mean you have migraines; just because you bumped your head playing football, doesn't mean you had a concussion etc.

And when it comes time to walk around the tile floor on your knees - yes it is uncomfortable but suck it up and do it. We almost had one kid DQ'd on the spot because he was afraid to drop to his knees on the tile floor because he thought it would hurt.