• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 09 Boards

SShanerBaner

I was in the September Board, now im in October with all the rest...

BDCP SNA
8/8/6 65
3.6 GPA Double Major History and Political Science at Univ. of South Carolina
Letters from a Colonel in the Air Force, President of the University, Former Boss, and an interview with a 2 Star Admiral.
Treasurer USC Rugby club, ALD Honors Soceity, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, 8 high school varsity letters, captain high school track and cross country, and 6 times on Dean's List
PRT: 10:33, 60 Pushups, 98 Situps

Good Luck to everyone

carlson1897

September Boards?

Does anyone know when the september boards were held, or if in fact they were pushed back until october?

casselj

Pro Rec SWO
I've been wondering the same thing myself. I and a few others asked the same recruiter that very question but he hasn't responded yet. I guess it will either be roughly twice the selection rate or twice the competition...?

krichard

Astb

Good luck to all who are applying to OCS. Besides the information I found on the ASTB, is there anyone who has more recent gouge that has just taken the ASTB exam?

BTP1368

Pro-Rec SWO!!!
I've been wondering the same thing myself. I and a few others asked the same recruiter that very question but he hasn't responded yet. I guess it will either be roughly twice the selection rate or twice the competition...?

Casselj,

Let us hope that it is the former and not the latter.

BTP1368

SDPilot6

According to a recruiter that posted over on usnavyocs.com, the September boards were never held but are in fact being combined with October's boards and will meet on the 20th. This was all according to an email he received.

http://navyocs.org/portal/modules.p...opic&t=8512&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the boards (for SNA anyway) stopped meeting for the fiscal year of 2009 because they selected enough applicants. October is the first board meeting for the fiscal year 2010. I was told that they generally select as many qualified applicants as they can to start out the next fiscal year. As for selection rates, the worst news is that it's even more competitive this year due to an increase in applicants from the downturn of the economy. The good news though for all of us on the October boards is that submitting now is the best time for the next fiscal year (I think).

USNShadow

Round 2
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the boards (for SNA anyway) stopped meeting for the fiscal year of 2009 because they selected enough applicants. October is the first board meeting for the fiscal year 2010. I was told that they generally select as many qualified applicants as they can to start out the next fiscal year. As for selection rates, the worst news is that it's even more competitive this year due to an increase in applicants from the downturn of the economy. The good news though for all of us on the October boards is that submitting now is the best time for the next fiscal year (I think).

can anyone confirm or negate?

SWOHopeful

You're almost right, but not really. FY10 begins in October that does not necessarily mean those being selected in October are the first applicants to count against FY10. To count against FY10 that means you were selected and commisioned after October 1st. That's why current class dates already have xx-10 in there class numbers. Essentially they began selecting for FY10 way back in April/May. That's why the selection rates were so high in June/July/August.

USNShadow

Round 2
ya you and me both. Does anyone know if the Navy is cutting back on their pilot slots for this year, as the Marine Corps has?