• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 09 Boards

zbeasley

An abundance of speeding tickets... eleven of 'em. Not something I'm proud of, but that's behind me now. Got the waiver signed and I'm good to go.

BTP1368

Pro-Rec SWO!!!
Merging SEP and OCT boards.

Hey all,

Heard over on usnavyocs.com that September SNA/SNFO/SWO boards have not yet met and may in fact be merged with the October boards. I do not know if this is true, and if it is how it affects our chances of getting selected.

BTP1368

CPLEGER

I should be in the october board, but after the last couple months nothing would surprise me, it appears the september boards have been canceled and pushed to or merged with october

Applying SNA only
27/M
Currently Active Duty with 9 years service (Nuke ET submarines)
ASTB: 7/8/7 57
Last PFA 9:47 Run, 120 situps, 84 pushups
Graduated Thomas Edison State College 3.643 GPA BS in Applied Science and Technologies
Evals EP/P/EP/P/MP/MP/MP
My interviews were with O-5,O-4, and 2 O-3 P-3 Pilots and all were 10s.
I completed ground school and passed the FAA written towards my private pilots liscence.

zbeasley

Some Monthly stats.

So in my boredom I decided to make a list of the last 4 month's boards. Basically the list will show when the board took place and when people heard back on AW.

May
Board held on the 15th, results reported on the 20th

June
Board held on the 15th, results reported on the 29th

July
Board held on the 14th, results reported on the 23th

August
Board held on the 15th results reported on the 24th

I'm not trying to interpret these stats one way or another, I just thought yous guys might like to look at them.

Take it for what it's worth.

PJ81

FS SNA
So in my boredom I decided to make a list of the last 4 month's boards. Basically the list will show when the board took place and when people heard back on AW.

May

June

July

August

I'm not trying to interpret these stats one way or another, I just thought yous guys might like to look at them.

August boards definitely did not meet on the 15th which was a weekend. Most said it would meet on the 17th, but I hear it actually took place on the 19th.

zbeasley

August boards definitely did not meet on the 15th which was a weekend. Most said it would meet on the 17th, but I hear it actually took place on the 19th.

My bad. i was under the impression (from what I've read) that they met on the 15th as usual.

CashvillePlt

OVER THE LINE!

May

June

July

August

Just for the sake of accuracy (not harping on ya at all :icon_wink) But the June boards didn't meet until the 23rd I believe (something about a power outage) and I didn't even recieve results until July 9th. Just goes to show how dynamic the process can be.

bob88899

Hey atleast the navy is fairly quick with processing these things.... the Air Force board lasts a whole month..... then the results get delayed up to 3months! (p.s. ive been thru it... talk about getting tired of people asking you about your status... i began telling them i dont even know)

zbeasley

Just for the sake of accuracy (not harping on ya at all :icon_wink) But the June boards didn't meet until the 23rd I believe (something about a power outage) and I didn't even recieve results until July 9th. Just goes to show how dynamic the process can be.

Yeah I remember reading about the power outage but I wasn't sure if it was true or not. Thanks for the clarification.

SDPilot6

SNA/NFO

First time applying, got in for the October board.

23/M
ASTB: 8/7/8 60
PRT: 11:15 (Had to run on treadmill...), 62 pushups, 60 situps
B.S. Aerospace Engineering - Cal Poly SLO - 3.03 GPA

No Prior Service

LORS: Rear Admiral, Lt. Col USMC, Magistrate Judge, 2 Employers
(My OR said it's not necessarily who, but what they write.)

Extra Curricular:

Fraternity Executive Board Member 2X
AIAA and Order of the Engineer Member
Football and Volleyball in High School

Instrument Rated Pilot with 260 hrs.

Awards:
2nd Place Winner - AIAA Undergraduate Team Aircraft (National Design Competition)

Problems? Unfortunately...

Arrested twice, one my fault, one not, both were dismissed.
July 07 - Public intoxication (my fault)
Jan 09 - Public intoxication (got punched, knocked out, and broken jaw. Have supporting documentation)
I'm worried about an Interim Clearance with these.

Give me hope or burst my bubble, either way I'm anxious to find out the results.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
welcome to AirWarriros SD Pilot :) I'm also going up on this month's board. Your qualifications actually don't look bad at all. You have a high ASTB, some good LORs, were obviously involved in sports and other organizations while in school, all good things. This is just my opinion, but I don't think the instances where you were arrested are that big of a deal. All charges were dismissed, so while they most likely will take a look at it, in the end you're not at fault. I had a similar situation, provided documentation, wasn't even an issue. just my 2c.

carlson1897

September Boards?

First post, been creeping on here for a while just have a few questions.
M.22
4/4/5 40
3.6 Criminal Justice/ Psych. Dual major New England College
Possible minor in Criminology as well.
Associates honors Criminal Justice 2009
Various college involvement within Student Senate and clubs within my major.
Already have had the pleasure of MEPS and the PRT 70 push ups, 80 sit ups and 1.5 in 10.5.
Various letters of recomendation from Chiefs of police, department heads of colleges neighbors.etc. Was told I had a very strong entry essay by multiple recruitors. Packet went to the september boards according to my recruitor and havent heard anything to date. I noticed that there was no thread pertaining to the September boards and wondered if there was anyone else in my situation; and where I stood for possible pro rec.
good luck to all with the app process.