• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 09 Boards

chrisroncketti

I feel a lot better knowing that there are so many of us in the same situation. I know I should be patient about the FS, but I'm just worried about the security clearance. Once I swear in, I promise I will hurry up and wait the rest of my career.

BigL17

Hey everyone. I just swore in today. I was in the Sept boards got pushed back to the Oct boards and Pro-Reced on the 27th of October, I already had the PRT, MEPS, JPAS done. Today I finally received my orders for OCS on Dec 6th after just being told yesterday that I was cleared to go. Cutting it real close, but I got everything I needed done, wished I would have known sooner but ehh better late than never. And I am ready to do some push ups in the snow .Congratulations to everyone and just be patient I didn't think I was going to class up this year and so quickly after being Pro-Reced, but here I am leaving for RI tomorrow. Take care everyone and stay motivated.

ONU_Pbear

Good luck at OCS! I hope to be there in January. I will be completing my PRT on Monday and then "patiently" waiting for my FS.

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
Hey everyone. I just swore in today. I was in the Sept boards got pushed back to the Oct boards and Pro-Reced on the 27th of October, I already had the PRT, MEPS, JPAS done. Today I finally received my orders for OCS on Dec 6th after just being told yesterday that I was cleared to go. Cutting it real close, but I got everything I needed done, wished I would have known sooner but ehh better late than never. And I am ready to do some push ups in the snow .Congratulations to everyone and just be patient I didn't think I was going to class up this year and so quickly after being Pro-Reced, but here I am leaving for RI tomorrow. Take care everyone and stay motivated.

DUDE! They told you two days before having to be there!?!?! That is severely cutting it close!!! Is anyone else driving up?

niktam

I have been led to believe that the longest part of the FS process is actually have your medical reviewed, I could be horribly wrong, but thats what I was led to believe.

chrisroncketti

So they have to review your medical again before you get your FS. I had to get waivers because of shoulder surgery, but MEPS cleared me. So do they have to look at all that again? If that is the case, how often is someone accepted at MEPS and turned down before the FS?

Koneface86

Pro Rec SWO
socal if im correct u applied for the oct 09 boards...im still waiting on my fs letter as well...how did u figure thats your unoffical date? im just curious cause this waiting game is killing me...thanks

Jan 3rd class date! My Chief called today asking if I could go on the 3rd, stated they had an opening. So I guess there are a few openings yet, maybe a couple of you on the brink of going crazy might get the call to leave!

Idk exactly how it works but my recruiter called and said pending the final paperwork my ocs start date is Jan 24.

I've gotten through the process fairly quickly so far...Contacted my NRD Aug / ASTB and paperwork Sep / Pro-rec'd Oct Boards / MEPS, PRT, Psych Consult Nov / PQ and Unofficial OCS Dec

I'm so ready to get this party started.

Koneface86

Pro Rec SWO
ohhh okay, thanks socal...makes sense...i DEPed in as enlisted so my MEPS and security clearance was already done and did my PFT asap (week that i got pro rec'd) i hate working in this cubicle...im goin stir crazy...hopefully i'll see you up there, best of luck...in the meantime i will be at the Linc this weekend for the Army Navy game...so its not all bad haha

CPLEGER

Final Select active duty!!

I just got my Final Select Letter e-mailed out on Dec. 10th! So it took just over a month from when I got my Pro-Rec (Nov 6th). And I am supposed to report Jan 3rd!!! Not a lot of time to get everything straight and get checked out of the command with Christmas stand down coming soon, but that is fine I'd rather go sooner than later and now I have just enough time to enjoy the holidays.

I am still waiting for my orders to be put in bupers, so hopefully Ill get that monday morning as I am short on time.

Best of luck to those still waiting. I wouldn't bother trying to find out anything from Millington, as I just heard back from them a few days ago that I could plan to probably class up mid-feb. Just try to be patient and as soon as they have anything they will e-mail your CO/XO/CCC. Hope to see some of you in Newport.

Now, to drive or fly, I am leaning towards flying as I am down in Florida and that would allow more holiday/ last minute finishing things time.

nemotani

That's good news Leger! Still have not heard anything from my command on my FS. Just curious, did the email that you got get sent to your CO, XO, or CCC first?

niktam

Same boat, still nothing, just MR. Elam saying don't plan anything for around "this" Time.

It sucks though because any emails that get sent out will go to my old command, which btw Elam was pissed that i xferred..