• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

exo

I e-mailed my recruiter about a waiver process. He told me not to expect results from the pro-rec until early next month. I think he's just trying to stop me form bugging him...

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
I e-mailed my recruiter about a waiver process. He told me not to expect results from the pro-rec until early next month. I think he's just trying to stop me form bugging him...

That is exactly what he is doing. Did you apply for Supply? Or any of the communities that meet later? If so he might want to wait until he hears back from all of the boards. Be patient, he will let you know as soon as he finds out, believe me, he will want you to stop bugging him asap. Try not to be annoying, and when everyone on here starts posting results give him a day or two before you call him.

exo

That is exactly what he is doing. Did you apply for Supply? Or any of the communities that meet later? If so he might want to wait until he hears back from all of the boards. Be patient, he will let you know as soon as he finds out, believe me, he will want you to stop bugging him asap. Try not to be annoying, and when everyone on here starts posting results give him a day or two before you call him.

I applied SNA only, so I should be one of the first to find out.

exo

Anybody know the proper form for curl ups? Do our shoulders need to touch the ground?

Feet flat, shoulder width apart, knees at about 90 degrees. Shoulder blades need to touch ground, arms on chest, elbows touch any part of your thigh is one.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
I applied SNA only, so I should be one of the first to find out.

You should... just relax, I think that everyone heard by Tuesday of the following week, or maybe it was Friday of the 3rd week following the month you were selected... I forget, but it is in that time frame. I am trying to point out that no matter when it is, it will happen, and you really have no control over it, so DON'T watch the clock, time will start to go backwards.

Anybody know the proper form for curl ups? Do our shoulders need to touch the ground?

Well sir, that would depend...

PRT/OCS curl ups = back flat, legs at a 90 degree angle, feet flat, legs together, and arms crossed at chest. One person holds your feet, arms must touch your legs. Repeat until tired or reach 100.

BDCP curl ups = open fridge, grab glass container filled with alcoholic beverage, open with teeth, lighter, bottle opener, hammer (In that order if prior steps fail...), move opening of glass bottle towards mouth, enjoy delicious alcoholic beverage. Repeat until tired or reach 100.

If you notice the only similarity is "Repeat until tired or reach 100," but even that is just a recommendation.

exo

You should... just relax, I think that everyone heard by Tuesday of the following week, or maybe it was Friday of the 3rd week following the month you were selected... I forget, but it is in that time frame. I am trying to point out that no matter when it is, it will happen, and you really have no control over it, so DON'T watch the clock, time will start to go backwards.

Well sir, that would depend...

PRT/OCS curl ups = back flat, legs at a 90 degree angle, feet flat, legs together, and arms crossed at chest. One person holds your feet, arms must touch your legs. Repeat until tired or reach 100.

BDCP curl ups = open fridge, grab glass container filled with alcoholic beverage, open with teeth, lighter, bottle opener, hammer (In that order if prior steps fail...), move opening of glass bottle towards mouth, enjoy delicious alcoholic beverage. Repeat until tired or reach 100.

If you notice the only similarity is "Repeat until tired or reach 100," but even that is just a recommendation.

ashwnd, about the sit ups, what are the legal rest positions? I took my PRT only resting in the up position and when I was done, my recruiter was like, oh you can rest laying down too.... I would have got about an extra 25 if he had told em that at the beginning...

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
ashwnd, about the sit ups, what are the legal rest positions? I took my PRT only resting in the up position and when I was done, my recruiter was like, oh you can rest laying down too.... I would have got about an extra 25 if he had told em that at the beginning...

My recruiter said the same thing. I believe at OCS you will only be able to rest in the up position (I think this goes for push ups and curl ups). For the PRT they generally are a little more lenient. It's good to practice using OCS conditions though, because after all that is when it really matters. They will not count out loud for you, and you may think you got 80 pushups but they may have only considered 55 of them legal. So you don't even know until the end of the day if you actually pass. If you are close to failing your PRT then I would say use this knowledge to your advantage, otherwise it's really not that big of a deal.

you may rest in the up position.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Did any of you read my post, I was only joking, I am not sure if the PRT/OCS portion is right, but I am sure the BDCP part is... right Kurtzie?

http://www.navy-prt.com/

This is a pretty good site that has PT gouge, though I didn't find the resting positions, but I know for a fact that if you put your knee on the ground for push ups you are done, you must rest in the up position. My OR let me rest in the down position for my curl-ups, I don't think that that is wrong, but I am not sure.

nugget61

pilot
I was told there is no rest position for the push ups?

If ya click the link that ash posted, you can check out the videos of how to do every activity - they do say that you can rest while doing pushups while in the up position - must keep your back/legs straight. They don't help me rest, but I try to kill the remaining 2 mins of the PRT after I do my max on the pushups by holding myself up.

BullGator

Did any of you read my post, I was only joking, I am not sure if the PRT/OCS portion is right, but I am sure the BDCP part is... right Kurtzie?

http://www.navy-prt.com/

This is a pretty good site that has PT gouge, though I didn't find the resting positions, but I know for a fact that if you put your knee on the ground for push ups you are done, you must rest in the up position. My OR let me rest in the down position for my curl-ups, I don't think that that is wrong, but I am not sure.
From what I understand, if you rest in the down curlup position too long (in your DI's opinion) they will say you are done. For pushups, I crank out 50-65 and then my OR makes me stay in the up position for the last 40 seconds or so. It is hard to stay in the up position after doing pushups, but good practice. For situps, I think the up position isn't to bad at all.

I know how the PRT videos are, but I think that in real-time practice, it is more subjective on your DI/OR's part. I wouldn't rest in the down position, in other words.