• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

SVT_Cobra

I doubt he's going to post the list. You may be able to ask him though, or your recruiter. For some reason wolf thought we'd here sometime 15th-17th so maybe they started early for some reason. Man, I'm pumped... I can't wait to tell my current boss if I made it :D

We should know Thursday or Friday. As soon as you guys find out post so the rest of us can hit up our ORs. I know mine likes to slack on pulling results....

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
I doubt he's going to post the list. You may be able to ask him though, or your recruiter. For some reason wolf thought we'd here sometime 15th-17th so maybe they started early for some reason. Man, I'm pumped... I can't wait to tell my current boss if I made it :D

Just a little advice, if you put your boss on as a reference for your NASIS, I would not go out with burning bridges in mind. The security clearance process happens after you get the Pro-Rec. And for pay, that won't happen for atleast 2 months after your get Pro-Rec'd. I was selected on September 15th, found out the week afterwards, submitted medical forms and everything for final docs at the end of September, got word today that my Security clearance started on October 6th, and is still not completed... this is normal. So probably the soonest I am going to get paid is the 1st of November, but I am not going to expect anything until December 1st.

I am with you though, the moment I get word that I am a Final Selectee, I am going to give my two weeks, stop stressing, and focus on school and PT. And probably a beer or two with a nice steak dinner that night.

Relax, watching the clock only makes it go slower... enjoy the wait, time flys when you are busy.

Reactions: exo
Nobody responded to my question, so I'll ask it again.

When will the pro-rec list be out? As early as the end of next week? Is that possible? Or is it more likely going to be in November?

SVT_Cobra

When will the pro-rec list be out? As early as the end of next week? Is that possible? Or is it more likely going to be in November?

It should be out by Friday hopefully. Or the beginning of next week. We don't have to wait long. But it won't be posted on here...you have to find out from your OR.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA

It will be out before November. As history serves people usually found out during the 3rd week of the month for SNA/NFO/SWO, and in some cases the 4th. I think Supply and Intel meet later so they may not hear until November.

exo

Just a little advice, if you put your boss on as a reference for your NASIS, I would not go out with burning bridges in mind. The security clearance process happens after you get the Pro-Rec. And for pay, that won't happen for atleast 2 months after your get Pro-Rec'd. I was selected on September 15th, found out the week afterwards, submitted medical forms and everything for final docs at the end of September, got word today that my Security clearance started on October 6th, and is still not completed... this is normal. So probably the soonest I am going to get paid is the 1st of November, but I am not going to expect anything until December 1st.

I am with you though, the moment I get word that I am a Final Selectee, I am going to give my two weeks, stop stressing, and focus on school and PT. And probably a beer or two with a nice steak dinner that night.

Relax, watching the clock only makes it go slower... enjoy the wait, time flys when you are busy.

Will the security be complete by the time you start getting paid? I thought it was about a year long process. And you don't start getting paid until OCS correct? I don't look to burn bridges with my current boss, I just can't wait to see the look on his face when I tell him I'm going from some mediocre engineering job to flying for the Navy.

Dang, as you go about your day today, keep in mind that somewhere, someone is making huge decisions that have to do with the rest of your life.

SVT_Cobra

Will the security be complete by the time you start getting paid? I thought it was about a year long process. And you don't start getting paid until OCS correct? I don't look to burn bridges with my current boss, I just can't wait to see the look on his face when I tell him I'm going from some mediocre engineering job to flying for the Navy.

Dang, as you go about your day today, keep in mind that somewhere someone is makign huge decisions that have to do with the rest of your life.

In my opinion, you are going about telling your boss the wrong way. You should not tell him A THING until you are finally selected. He could use the fact that you are leaving against you, and you don't even know for sure yet! Don't tell him until you are finally selected man!!

exo

In my opinion, you are going about telling your boss the wrong way. You should not tell him A THING until you are finally selected. He could use the fact that you are leaving against you, and you don't even know for sure yet! Don't tell him until you are finally selected man!!

Very true, I'll just hold the information till a final select, if I'm so lucky. Won't hurt to save some money and get a nest egg for a motorcycle started.

No clue, but I want to go sometime in January if I get pro-rec'd this month...

I hear Newport looks like this in January...

ice%20-%203.jpg

exo

I'm actually from central Mass, so it'll be warmer on the coast of RI for me than a typical winter of what I'm used to.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC

Dang, as you go about your day today, keep in mind that somewhere someone is makign huge decisions that have to do with the rest of your life.

I am pretty sure that the security clearance being done now is only level secret, this is much shorter than top secret as it doesn't involve field interviews or other interviews with an investigator. I hear the Top secret starts once you either start OCS, or complete OCS. Top secrets can take a long time, I think it depends on your background (ex: did you live in different states, lots of traveling outside of the USA, references all over the world). For me pay starts hopefully in Dec or Nov, though I won't actually attend OCS until January 2010 at the soonest, but that is because I was selected for BDCP and don't graduate college until Dec 2009.